Search the forum,

Discuss Basin Waste Leak (bathroom) in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I inserted a Round Plated Heavy Push Button Slotted Sprung Basin Waste per this link Round Plated Heavy Push Button Slotted Sprung Basin Waste into my bathroom basin. I Used this 3 part basin waste seal per this link Basin Mate | 3 Part Basin Waste Seal Kit | Stevenson Plumbing & Electrical Supplies which results in no water leaks. However, a small seepage of water seems to come out where the red arrow is in the picture from the white pipe joint instead. Can anyone suggest what is best option(s) I should do to stop the leakage? I used no silicone or sealant per the manufacturer guidelines on the 3 part basin waste seal. Perhaps the pipe needs to be replaced. The white pipe end seems to just sit on top of the metal sprung basin waste unit & doesn't extend fully inside of the basin waste unit which would create a great locking fit. I put a bit of plumbing tape around the piping joint connected to the metal waste unit. Because of the size of the 3 part basin waste seal in the picture I can't tighten too much more without a risk of over tightening.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0840.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0840.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 26
youve put the 3 part basin waste seal basin the wrong way round

seal pointy end up
then white spacer
then 11/4 nut
then the trap

BWS-Basin-Waste-Seal-Kit-Explained-500x500.jpg

Do these basin mate things actually work? Which wastes do people purchase these days that don't need silicone, putty etc?

Reply to Basin Waste Leak (bathroom) in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock