Search the forum,

Discuss Basin tap cover - how to remove? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I replaced the gland on the hot kitchen tap and successfully stopped it constantly dribbling. Problem niw is that the hot tap in the downstairs loo is dripping more. I thought I'd just do the same, but I can't get into it!
Have removed the little cap, and undone an Allen head screw inside, which is now in the handle somewhere, but can't get the cover off - any ideas?!

Attachments

• 20210501_082818.jpg
    20210501_082818.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 21
With the screw removed I guess it needs a little brute force to get it moving. Couple of towels to protect the ceramic and two levers to help it move.

Thanks RPM. Is it right to wangle the levers in where the red bit is?
I would say just above the red plastic ring on the cover itself. Try not to lean over the top of the tap in case it pops off and smacks you in the mouth, hopefully it will slide off once you get it moving.

The coloured part may have a screw through the top of it into the spindle and the grub screw holds the cover onto the plastic part.

As RPM above, I'd pull up above the red ring to start.

Reply to Basin tap cover - how to remove? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head covers only need to change the tap head covers really Problem is the old tap head covers wont turn! Any ideas please? Thanks
Replies
Views
I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub screw anywhere, thanks
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
I purchased 2x 1/2” tap gland for my basin because the hot one was faulty. I had to turn the stopcock of in the kitchen. I also had to turn off the mains on the pavement outside. I replaced the glands and the hot is working fine. But the cold tap does not turn off at all, with the new...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix ( NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP) I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock