Search the forum,

Discuss Basin slow to empty in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Having a slight problem with the basin slow emptying. Plunnging it helps a little, i have taken the trap off and its clear, the pop up waste is clear, the waste runs into the internal soil stack, i think the issue is a flat run of the waste for about 2 meteres along the floor. I did ask the plumber who fitted the en suite to check the waste and renew it if needed, he assured me it was all ok. I have asked him to check it out but he doesnt seem to be interested, i looked at renewing the waste bit its not easy as its well boxed in. I have never used any of the chemical drain cleaners, are these ok to use, is there a trade version which is better than shop bought ones. Any Advice appreciated..Thanks

You’d be better off starting with a spring wire drain clearer, something like this: Monument General Wire Spring 15ft. X ¼in. Drain Auger (15PQH) - MON3343H - https://monumenthandtools.co.uk/monument-general-wire-spring-15ft-x-in-drain-auger-15pqh-mon3343h and go from where you remove the trap.
Thanks for the advice....I had looked at these, will they go round the 90 degree bends on the 32mm waste pipe, they are tight bends, would need to get round two before were i think the issue is on the flat horzontal run.

Thanks for the advice....I had looked at these, will they go round the 90 degree bends on the 32mm waste pipe, they are tight bends, would need to get round two before were i think the issue is on the flat horzontal run.
Yes they can normally manage it, takes patience, and a bit of twisting.

Reply to Basin slow to empty in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have just installed a pop up waste on new basin. I have siliconed the top with the washer, and the water holds inside the basin with the waste closed but when I pop it up to release the water down the drain it leaks out from the underside of the sink where the backnut nut washer are...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I've been getting some plumbing quotes for an en suite project for my home (based in the east of England), and wanted to find out opinions of whether anyone thinks they're decent quotes of not? I've already ripped out the existing vanity/loo/shower tray/screen/tiles. I've also lifted...
Replies
Views
Hi guys question about saniflos 💩 I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely and they've urgently had to get me to replace and make some changes, initially I was going to install a sanivite for the kitchen sink separately...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock