Search the forum,

Discuss Basin mate in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sorry to ask again about this basin 😂

turns out it’s a **** of a job, done bath no problem but this basin is crazy.

done it with plumbers gold, ptfe tape the lot, still leaking

ended up plumbers golding the overflow and fitting a unslotted, plumbers gold on rim of plug too so nothing gets past the washer.

fitted a basin mate to be on safe side but realised I don’t need one with a unslotted do I ?
Anyway fitted it wrongly but as there’s no leak currently am scared to take it off and re fit.?

dies it look ok to use and eill
I ever need a washer on the underside with no overflow ?.
I’ll clean excess plumbers gold off later.

Attachments

• A117F24E-ECB3-42B8-AEBB-EF3671162453.jpeg
    A117F24E-ECB3-42B8-AEBB-EF3671162453.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 11
Basically I’ve fitted the white plastic cover for the basin mate washer upside down, basin mate washer should sit inside it, I’ve fitted it upside down and screwed the nut up into it.

Reply to Basin mate in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock