Search the forum,

Discuss Basin bottle trap corrosion in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nea2023

The Basin bottle trap is in bad condition and begin to loose water due to corrosion (I believe it is lead). May I use pattex putty paste or collak as an emergency solution? How can I loosen the bottle trap nuts? They are so rusty and calcified I am afraid they may break if try to unscrew them. Thank you.

Use what you need to prevent it from leaking as it's only a trap, expect the worst once you attempt the disassembly i.e prepare to have to replace it all so it doesn't matter if you break the nuts. It sounds like they aren't reusable anyway.

Reply to Basin bottle trap corrosion in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am planning to renovate my small en-suite and to replace the current standard basin with a counter basin. I have some doubts regarding the trap, I didn't have the chance to remove the basin yet (it's full of sealant) but from what I can see from the camera of my phone, current...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to buy this basin and the bottle trap but I don't know if they will fit together If anyone knows anything about fitting these kind of things please help me! Thank you all Basin Kyoto Large Rectangular Wall Hung Basin | Online At Victorian Plumbing -...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock