Search the forum,

Discuss Barrier pipe sizes for long run in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All
Im new to this forum so hello,i have had a 2 story extension built on the side of my house, I have a couple of questions regarding the size of barrier pipe to use. I am running flow/ return/ dhw barrier pipe from the boiler into the loft space and dropping down into the extension, total length of pipe run is approx 14 metres to get to the en suite. Should i run 22mm for the dhw for the majority of the run and then reduce down to 15 or 10mm for the shower/basin.
Is 10mm sufficient for the ensuite hot/cold or should i stick to 15mm?

Cheers

When you say " I am running flow/ return/ dhw barrier pipe " do you mean Central Heating flow and return as well as DHW, or do you mean a DHW with a secondary return?

Hi All
Im new to this forum so hello,i have had a 2 story extension built on the side of my house, I have a couple of questions regarding the size of barrier pipe to use. I am running flow/ return/ dhw barrier pipe from the boiler into the loft space and dropping down into the extension, total length of pipe run is approx 14 metres to get to the en suite. Should i run 22mm for the dhw for the majority of the run and then reduce down to 15 or 10mm for the shower/basin.
Is 10mm sufficient for the ensuite hot/cold or should i stick to 15mm?

Cheers
I would stick to 15mm taken to the point of connection.

What type, make and model of boiler?
What pressure and flow rate you have?

Reply to Barrier pipe sizes for long run in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove a radiator fed by 10mm plastic barrier pipe, in a pressurised central heating system. I can get under the floor to the pipes. Is it OK to freeze the pipe so that it can be capped, so that I don’t have to drain down? Thanks. RB
Replies
Views
Hello I need help with what pipe size I need to run for a hydronic hot water coil. Coil specs: 72k mbh 4 gpm 1.5 pressure drop 180 entering temp 142 leaving temp 3/4" coil connection 1650 cfm 620 fpm Piping is roughly 25 feet from circulator. Pump is a UPS-15-58FC 3 speed circulator. I am...
Replies
Views
I have a negative head twin impeller Stuart Turner pump feeding hot and cold to three showers, one bath, plus hot to three basin's from my gravity fed, loft cold water tank and airing cupboard hot water tank. Occasionally the pump operates for a couple of seconds without demand for water. More...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a first time poster with a skill set akin to that of a competent DIY'er I guess. I'm planning on replacing a old in efficient one pipe system with a flow and return. This will be done on our recently purchased bungalow which has an oil fired boiler. Whilst I'm confident a 22mm flow and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock