Search the forum,

Discuss Barco Radiators - Bunkrupt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jerry

Gas Engineer
Just heard Barco radiators went bust.

Wolseley said that all their stocked items (inc. special orders like designer rads) were zeroed off their system and they weren't allowed to sell them.

Just so you know.

J

What’s happening to this country? Brexit? Or just the markets are being flooded with Chinese tat?

About time some politician with a big set of balls stood up to big boys( like Trump has done) and started bringing things back home.

Make Britain great again, with British made goods.

I try to always buy British made.
Getting increasingly difficult to find though.

I once read that our economy would be booming if we all bought British made items, where possible.
Bathrooms are an example of how it has reversed from nearly all British made sanitary ware, to nearly all foreign made now.

Lots of companies bought in loads of stock to prepare for the March brexit. To protect themselves from any price increases.
With the extension, they are all sat on massive stock levels. So they are running out of cash.

What’s happening to this country? Brexit? Or just the markets are being flooded with Chinese tat?

About time some politician with a big set of balls stood up to big boys( like Trump has done) and started bringing things back home.

Make Britain great again, with British made goods.
There are plenty of really well run Real Quality British Companies in the HVAC sector whom are doing really well and from what I hear
are not frightened about brexit and expect an upturn in business and exports when its sorted either way. These are bona fida manufacturers who are proud to put a union jack on their products made in Uk which marks them out as quality in the worlds eyes...
it is also up to us to buy these products when at the plumbers merchants or the small sheds like toolstation and screwfix and become sales people for brand uk when quoting customers ...Rob Foster
aka centralheatking
or just get the cheap and nasty stuff to get yourself a quick £20 profit, thats not my style.

Last edited:
Barlow/Quinn went down due to high quality and production cost with a price point being squeezed its a shame as they were a great product
centralheatking

Barlow/Quinn went down due to high quality and production cost with a price point being squeezed its a shame as they were a great product
centralheatking

I used to fit quite a few and never had a problem. It wasnt through choice as I would of like a lot of people chose stelrad but it was just what the merchant held in stock.

I think that is the problem was a lot of people are like me and stick with what they know and trust.

They also seemed really cheap! I was always surprised when I was given a price for the rads so they did seem to be aimed at the budget end of the market which may of put a few people off and could they compete with the real budget rads made with cheap imported metals.

It is a shame to see another manufacturer go within the UK and I'm sure that a lot of people will blame Brexit but the problem has been brewing for a lot longer than that. Our country has killed off the manufacturing and allowed cheap sometimes poorer quality imports as the consumer just solely focuses on price and not quality.

Not sure how true this is but I've just heard that around where they are based the government are spending millions on a regeneration scheme and that Quinn put a price in for all the rads. They were beaten but not by a long way by a Turkish company so the government went with the Turkish company.

I have said this many times to different people and over different things but if our government wont even support our businesses what hope has this country got?

Totally agree, out government is far to focused on foreign relations and keeping everyone else happy. We definitely need an English Trump.

Bojo? Although I see him as nothing more than a scape goat. The Tories will use him to carry out Brexit then turn on him turf him out then bring someone like Gove in.

He isn't a trump though just another career politician.

Bojo? Although I see him as nothing more than a scape goat. The Tories will use him to carry out Brexit then turn on him turf him out then bring someone like Gove in.

He isn't a trump though just another career politician.
I don't really know much about politics to comment but the way I see it, if bojo has conservative members concerned about him getting into power, then he must be doing something right. He's got the eu worried too so he's exactly who we need in power.

I am 61 self employed from age of 20...I never have given a monkeys about politics just got on with it paid tax and ni and emoloyed loads of fellas. Whatever happens business will carry on its called demand and supply
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Of course the residual stock will
be available they are good quality...the big boys have had to delist..example medium sized outfit in North East A great friend of mine had a specification for these rads from Pts .all signed off but as it was for 6000 new builds x 6 they had to re think and had to go for another manu to ensure continuity .
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Chances are if they’re no longer available they were supplied on a sale or return basis to merchants and are now the property of the receivers.

The reason manufacturing is screwed in the UK is the total lack of respect of any practical discipline. Engineers are seen as guys in smocks with greasy rags rather than professionals. No one leaving school is encouraged to pursue a craft role either. It’s just generations of politicians so far removed from practical skills were heading down the drain.

Reply to Barco Radiators - Bunkrupt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock