Search the forum,

Discuss Bar mixer replacement. No pipe?? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi forum,

I've been trying to replace a knackered shower and run into a problem. I took the old bar off the wall and there are no pipes protruding from the tiles. Instead there is just a thread behind the tile. The new shower fixings expect a pipe to push over and then secure to the wall and attach the bar. The old shower has a threaded piece and a big joint that the bar attaches to. I need to buy some kind of adapter piece in order to fit the new shower but I've no idea what they're called. Attached some pics to make more sense than my words do. Many thanks for reading and advice warmly welcomed! Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20200305_164033.jpg
    IMG_20200305_164033.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200305_164148.jpg
    IMG_20200305_164148.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 18
make sure there 150mm centre to centre if they are

if there not 150mm centres

That's it, thanks for the help. I ended up getting a Grohe mixer from and screwed in the S union things or whatever they're called. If I'd seen this earlier I'd have probably saved myself but pleased with the new shower. Easy to install into the existing threads and no drips so far :)

Is there some sort of German bracket behind the tiles with elbows onto the existing pipe? I'm new to all of this so was pretty surprised not to see copper pipe protruding after removing the old Hansgrohe Ecostat.

Cheers

Reply to Bar mixer replacement. No pipe?? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
hi all i got myself in a muddle. a friend of a friend came around at xmas to help me line up two copper pipes for shower bar install. the pipes were too short and no flex so he introduced me to Hep 2.0. he also did a dry fit and measured everything up to the mm. he left me with some patch work...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock