Search the forum,

Discuss Banging/ticking next to radiator in bedroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi.
There's a ticking/banging in my bedroom wall, next to my radiator.
I took a video and uploaded it to youtube for a more accurate gauge of what's going on:

A plumber came previous to the video, and took off the trv knob, since he thought it was that - it didn't help, unfortunately.

In November 2018, I got a new boiler, and the sounds started coming about, around then.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

sounds like pipework expanding

its rubbing against something / too tight, find where its in contact and put a piece of hair felt round the pipe

tbh no its not

I has a noise similar to that in my bedroom when I fitted a new rad. Only used to get it from stone cold in the morning. Turned out it was because I hadn’t fitted those little plastic 'U' shaped clips into the new rad brackets. The old rad didn’t have them fitted but then again it didn’t get that hot. I thought there might have been something inside and when I mentioned it to the plumbers merchants where I bought the rad, they asked if I’d fitted them. Luckily I hadn’t thrown them away and fitting them stopped the noise.

I'd agree with Steve57 here, the high pitch sounds more metallic than pipe against wood and more like metal rad brackets against metal fixings on back of rad.
Also a very easy one to checkout, look behind rad, are there little white plastic clips on the rad brackets where the rad hangs on them?
Like the following:
th.jpg

I'd agree with Steve57 here, the high pitch sounds more metallic than pipe against wood and more like metal rad brackets against metal fixings on back of rad.
Also a very easy one to checkout, look behind rad, are there little white plastic clips on the rad brackets where the rad hangs on them?
Like the following:
View attachment 36591

No, there isn't anything like that on the back.

So thatst the issue?? Should I just go out and buy some and install it?

Reply to Banging/ticking next to radiator in bedroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
My radiators make a bang noise every now and then. Doesn't seem to be a particular radiator instead it will be 1 radiator and then some time later another radiator and then some time later another. Only 1 at a time I think. At least I think this is what's going on. By way of background; I have...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
M
Hello! Overview: typical 3 bedroom 1930's semi-detached property. Had a single storey ground floor extension circa two years ago, during which time the boiler was replaced with an Ideal Independent and moved from back bedroom into the loft above. Problem: since the boiler was replaced and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock