• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Banging Pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

This could be your issue then. If it is then it’s either the actuator (motor inside the head of valve) or the valve itself, which could be sludge or debris etc.
Is there a way I can move it to the W position manually? As I’m a rookie and seeking advice from people on the forum who are qualified and experts can someone explain what the letters mean / do on the valve, I’ve got a basic idea

Is there a way I can move it to the W position manually? As I’m a rookie and seeking advice from people on the forum who are qualified and experts can someone explain what the letters mean / do on the valve, I’ve got a basic idea
Speed 2 on that pump is 3M which shouldn't be too high, also if its the model I think it is, it displays watts which is a very useful guide, if so, can you note them (watts) on CH only, on both CH&HW and on HW only, and also check the operating mode/speed setting.

Think it may also display the flow in M3/hr, you might also note this as well as the power.

Last edited:
A

Aquarius

Is there a way I can move it to the W position manually?
I’m not sure there is. However, what could be done is, remove the motor head, there’s x2 plastic push-in retainers, push these in, and head should come off. This would enable you to check the spindle moves freely by hand, also you could then call for a heat up of heating and hot water and see if the noise still exists. Getting the head of the valve back on needs to be precise though.

Reply to Banging Pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net