Search the forum,

Discuss banging in hot water pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
know its been done to death in previous posts......but long story short...fitted new basin taps. The pipework supplying the old taps was in copper but heavily painted over and criss crossed at back of the basin - one ugly mess. So i thought would tidy it up and fitted iso valves/ flexi connectors etc.Anyway now customer complaining about banging in the hot tap.Have already been back and clipped the copper to the wall as thought it may have been movement causing the banging. But apparently it's still happening. Should say both hot and cold supply is at mains pressure. One other thing... under the floor it's copper to plastic back to copper and then to the flexi connector. Have to go back next week but need some ideas. Maybe need to do away with the flexi and fit copper instead?

cheers fellas

dave

I'd strip down the hot tap and make sure everything is how it should be as LP said above.

It's possible that before you turned the water off at the incoming stop tap - it was previously only partly open. Once you finished the job you opened it up fully, if the tap innards are fine it might be worth knocking the stop tap back a turn or two to see if you can find a happy balance of pressure/lack of banging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to banging in hot water pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock