Search the forum,

Discuss Ball cock rubber washer replacement. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

SMB

sorry if this has been asked before, searched but could not find the answer. Not too good on computers!

I need to replace the large rubber washer in the ball valve. Which way does it go round into the fitting where it buts up to the white flow cone.

Cheers.

I assume when you say “large rubber washer” you have a part 2 or part 3 ball valve and you mean the diaphragm washer?
If you look at the washer you will notice a groove close to the entire washer diameter on one side.
The flat lip edge will be thinner on that face, if that makes sense.
This is the side that goes into the valve body, towards the white cone part.
The valve will have a groove to accommodate the lip, thus holding the washer and preventing it all pulling in.

I assume when you say “large rubber washer” you have a part 2 or part 3 ball valve and you mean the diaphragm washer?
If you look at the washer you will notice a groove close to the entire washer diameter on one side.
The flat lip edge will be thinner on that face, if that makes sense.
This is the side that goes into the valve body, towards the white cone part.
The valve will have a groove to accommodate the lip, thus holding the washer and preventing it all pulling in.
Many thanks.

Reply to Ball cock rubber washer replacement. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Sorry if it is a dumb question but .. I just fitted a 1/2inch tap washer to my basin tap and have 2 questions. 1. Is it normal for the washer to not quite fit the valve head, I had to take sandpaper to adjust it as I could not "squish" it in. Is there some kind of metric equivalent I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every time we flushed so I googled and found it was the diaphragm valve that needed replaced. I bought a pack of diaphragm seals and attempted to change...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
I
Hi, I've just bought a house and the overflow pipe from cold water tank was running. So I am trying to replace the ball cock mechanism. I bought what I thought was the right one from b&q - but the thread was too small. So I now have the valve off, and will take it to b&q tomorrow to look for...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock