Search the forum,

Discuss Balancing Query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thirl1804

Hello

I need some advice regarding my central heating pump and a balancing issue I have.

My house was built in 1999 (4 bed detached) and has a microbore central heating system throughout. Recently, I removed a radiator downstairs to paint behind it, when doing this I cracked one of the joints and it began to slowly leak. To fix this I drained the system and patched up the leak OK.

However, since this I have had a problem with balancing the system. I believe these microbore systems use manifolds rather than daisy chaining the rads so I’m looking for general information regarding this.

The problem is that I have to have my CH pump on its highest setting to get any water downstairs. Anything other than the highest setting results in just the upstairs rads getting hot water.

I have two queries which I’d appreciate comments on. Is it bad to constantly run your CH pump on its highest setting? There is a fair amount of vibration and noise from the pump.

My second request is can anyone point me to any documentation/links to explain how these manifolds are normally situated in a house as this may give me some idea of how to balance the system better.

Thanks in advance for any comments regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Balancing Query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
If changing a combi boiler system to a heat pump. What do they usually do with the balanced cold connection on the hot water cylinder? Cap it. And put a pressure reducer on the mains so they have equal hot and cold pressures? I can't see them repiping a balanced cold from the cylinder to each...
Replies
Views
C
Hi everyone, My flat is located next to a communal boiler with a hot water circulator pump ( Grundfos UPS 15-50N Secondary Hot Water Circulator ). The pump is noisy and vibrating. Would installing a more powerful pump solve the problem? Many thanks for your help!
Replies
Views
ChristineLondon
C
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock