Search the forum,

Discuss Bahco 15mm and 22mm cutters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

JTplumbingservices

Gas Engineer
thinking of buying the twin pack for £25 on Amazon.
I’ve read mixed reviews on these , anyone had any expeorience with them ?
Cheers

Used them but not owned them, true cutters certainly but a bit unwieldy compared to Rothys especially the 22mm.

I have that set. Bought them very cheap.
Rarely used them.
They have a more rounded edge which is nice to grip when turning them.

I have them as a spare set in the glove box of the van. I went back to my rothenberger set as I wasn’t a fan of the Bahco, as other have said they take a while to cut. I used monuments for a while, really liked them but gave them to my apprentice when he was starting out.

Used several different cutters...found the Bahco's took more rotations to complete cut. Currently using a Rigid combination cutter which is mint

I find my Monuments (even the metal bodied ones) tend to nozzle the end of the tube and now use them rarely, only when I am really tight on space. I have a Monument adjustable cutter (tendency to act as a threader if not used with great care) and a miniature Rothenberger adjustable cutter (which is brilliant). I have a Tornado cutter too and it's better than my 15mm (plastic-bodied) Monument autocutter.

I find my Monuments (even the metal bodied ones) tend to nozzle the end of the tube and now use them rarely, only when I am really tight on space. I have a Monument adjustable cutter (tendency to act as a threader if not used with great care) and a miniature Rothenberger adjustable cutter (which is brilliant). I have a Tornado cutter too and it's better than my 15mm (plastic-bodied) Monument autocutter.
I had the standard metal monument ones years ago and they were good, recently had the plastic clamshell type ones that you open and close but they were pretty Rubbish. I was thinking about Nerrad too but they are expensive

Interesting. I find the plastic 15mm one is worse than my metal 22 and 28 ones, but I've yet to find an automatic cutter that would make me give up on my adjustable ones..

Nerrad are good I have had them 2 years plus now and still cut well i have the bigger ratchet type cutter to great bit of kit 15mm - 28mm . Kop

Just get the tried and tested Rothenberger ones separate. It comes to £30 on Amazon, dearer in a twin pack oddly though.

Just get the tried and tested Rothenberger ones separate. It comes to £30 on Amazon, dearer in a twin pack oddly though.

Rothernberger pipe slices are complete garbage! The spring consistently dislodges, same with kopex. I've tried them all. I currently use the bacho slices....only downfall is they are slightly larger in diameter compared to the previous mentioned which makes it slightly trickier in tight spaces. From new they cut very quickly leaving next to no burr on pipework. A couple of years and instead of buying the new wheels I just buy a twin pack replacement

The only time I have had an issue with the springs in Rotherburger, is when I have got them wet and not dried them properly. They have then rusted and cause issues.

I ended up getting the Bahco ones, a few people had said they weren’t great but I like Bahco as a brand so thought I wanted to try them and so far so good.. they feel well made and have a good grip and cut through as fast if not faster than my Rothenbergers

Rothernberger pipe slices are complete garbage! The spring consistently dislodges, same with kopex. I've tried them all. I currently use the bacho slices....only downfall is they are slightly larger in diameter compared to the previous mentioned which makes it slightly trickier in tight spaces. From new they cut very quickly leaving next to no burr on pipework. A couple of years and instead of buying the new wheels I just buy a twin pack replacement

Maybe keep them oiled and look after them?
If this is an issue with EVERY set you have owned, maybe it is down to user error ;)

If it is a one-off, then every company makes a defective product every now and then, maybe you got one of these bad sets.
But considering they are one of the most common slices from a reputable brand, I think your claim of "They are garbage" is a bit of a stretch.

Reply to Bahco 15mm and 22mm cutters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock