From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Bahco 15mm and 22mm cutters in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Gas Engineer
Used them but not owned them, true cutters certainly but a bit unwieldy compared to Rothys especially the 22mm.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
I have that set. Bought them very cheap.
Rarely used them.
They have a more rounded edge which is nice to grip when turning them.

I have them as a spare set in the glove box of the van. I went back to my rothenberger set as I wasn’t a fan of the Bahco, as other have said they take a while to cut. I used monuments for a while, really liked them but gave them to my apprentice when he was starting out.

Used several different cutters...found the Bahco's took more rotations to complete cut. Currently using a Rigid combination cutter which is mint

OP
J

JTplumbingservices

Gas Engineer
Used several different cutters...found the Bahco's took more rotations to complete cut. Currently using a Rigid combination cutter which is mint
After hearing everyone’s opinion I think I’ll give them a miss and get the Monument auto cut’s or Kopex again

Ric2013

Plumber
I find my Monuments (even the metal bodied ones) tend to nozzle the end of the tube and now use them rarely, only when I am really tight on space. I have a Monument adjustable cutter (tendency to act as a threader if not used with great care) and a miniature Rothenberger adjustable cutter (which is brilliant). I have a Tornado cutter too and it's better than my 15mm (plastic-bodied) Monument autocutter.

OP
J

JTplumbingservices

Gas Engineer
I find my Monuments (even the metal bodied ones) tend to nozzle the end of the tube and now use them rarely, only when I am really tight on space. I have a Monument adjustable cutter (tendency to act as a threader if not used with great care) and a miniature Rothenberger adjustable cutter (which is brilliant). I have a Tornado cutter too and it's better than my 15mm (plastic-bodied) Monument autocutter.
I had the standard metal monument ones years ago and they were good, recently had the plastic clamshell type ones that you open and close but they were pretty Rubbish. I was thinking about Nerrad too but they are expensive

Ric2013

Plumber
Interesting. I find the plastic 15mm one is worse than my metal 22 and 28 ones, but I've yet to find an automatic cutter that would make me give up on my adjustable ones..

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Nerrad are good I have had them 2 years plus now and still cut well i have the bigger ratchet type cutter to great bit of kit 15mm - 28mm . Kop

Lee Davies

Gas Engineer
Just get the tried and tested Rothenberger ones separate. It comes to £30 on Amazon, dearer in a twin pack oddly though.

Lee Davies

Gas Engineer
Just get the tried and tested Rothenberger ones separate. It comes to £30 on Amazon, dearer in a twin pack oddly though.

sammathias

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Rothernberger pipe slices are complete garbage! The spring consistently dislodges, same with kopex. I've tried them all. I currently use the bacho slices....only downfall is they are slightly larger in diameter compared to the previous mentioned which makes it slightly trickier in tight spaces. From new they cut very quickly leaving next to no burr on pipework. A couple of years and instead of buying the new wheels I just buy a twin pack replacement

Harvest Fields

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
The only time I have had an issue with the springs in Rotherburger, is when I have got them wet and not dried them properly. They have then rusted and cause issues.

OP
J

JTplumbingservices

Gas Engineer
I ended up getting the Bahco ones, a few people had said they weren’t great but I like Bahco as a brand so thought I wanted to try them and so far so good.. they feel well made and have a good grip and cut through as fast if not faster than my Rothenbergers

Lee Davies

Gas Engineer
Rothernberger pipe slices are complete garbage! The spring consistently dislodges, same with kopex. I've tried them all. I currently use the bacho slices....only downfall is they are slightly larger in diameter compared to the previous mentioned which makes it slightly trickier in tight spaces. From new they cut very quickly leaving next to no burr on pipework. A couple of years and instead of buying the new wheels I just buy a twin pack replacement

Maybe keep them oiled and look after them?
If this is an issue with EVERY set you have owned, maybe it is down to user error ;)

If it is a one-off, then every company makes a defective product every now and then, maybe you got one of these bad sets.
But considering they are one of the most common slices from a reputable brand, I think your claim of "They are garbage" is a bit of a stretch.

Reply to Bahco 15mm and 22mm cutters in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbers Tools | Plumbing Tools and Advice

You're on PlumbersForums.net, the worlds largest plumbing community. Find Plumbing Tools and products at the best prices. Our plumbing suppliers are some of the biggest suppliers available, stocking the best brands and the best prices. Register to our community for free, and post a thread to ask a out the tool you're considering and we'll find the cheapest price with quick delivery for you. We also have the Tile community for Tiling Tools, and Engineering community for Electrical Tools.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares