Search the forum,

Discuss Bad smell from boiler condensation tube when running hot water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We have noticed a bad smell when running hot water and think it might be linked to the boiler condensation pipe (the water itself doesn't smell)

We noticed that the top of the condensation pipe isn't sealed properly but I have also been told that this is normal (picture attached)

So far I have cleaned out the trap and re filled it a few days ago, but no change, any advice?

Attachments

• plumbing.jpg
    plumbing.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 40
We have noticed a bad smell when running hot water and think it might be linked to the boiler condensation pipe (the water itself doesn't smell)

We noticed that the top of the condensation pipe isn't sealed properly but I have also been told that this is normal (picture attached)

So far I have cleaned out the trap and re filled it a few days ago, but no change, any advice?
I presume the smell is coming from the sink when you run any tap. The hoses in the machines can drift up. The water running away can pull the trap away and let the drain smell up. The upstand trap that the condensation pipe is attached too could dry up and let the drain smell up. Its usually the dirt in the pipe and plug waste that smell.

Reply to Bad smell from boiler condensation tube when running hot water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock