Discuss Bad knees!!!!!!!!! in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

For all those out there not using knee pads or an apprentice when they should, I can now state that if you relax when they shove the needle into your knee cap for a cortisone injection it doesnt hurt at all, the local stung a bit. But the consultant reliably imformed me if you tense those muscles, it hurts like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I didnt notice the one in the hip as I had a massive sciatica attack at the time, so I cant comment on that one accept to say jesus wasnt that needle large!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:uhoh2:

So all you babies out there, your not indestructable and you may look forward to many happy hospital visits in future, especially if you enjoyed years of rugby and all the pain that involved.:cry_smile:

Sorry but am laughing my butt off here , but you are quite right

Ah but won't it be nice to be on the mend just in time for a xmas tipple.....Well done and cortisone does'nt last for ever though so be carefull I dug 3 pairs of knee pads out last week as I got sick of "forgetting" them!!!

I'm just happy to get back on my lifeboat as the asst mechanic, might get a xmas shout, means the inlaws will have to look after themselves.:puke:( still get seasick after 20 years at see tho)

I've worn kneepads or padded trousers since I started, pretty much most days, and my knees are still done. Started in my teens and now I'm 34. SO still pretty young.

If I spend the whole day in the same spot, they feel as though someone has thrashed them, but days ago. They just ache. They've now started doing this wonderful ZINGGGGGGG if I kneel in the wrong place, on the right knee only.

Isn't time wonderful!!

I've worn kneepads or padded trousers since I started, pretty much most days, and my knees are still done. Started in my teens and now I'm 34. SO still pretty young.

If I spend the whole day in the same spot, they feel as though someone has thrashed them, but days ago. They just ache. They've now started doing this wonderful ZINGGGGGGG if I kneel in the wrong place, on the right knee only.

Isn't time wonderful!!

the good times are coming for u then!

off what ? work ? was only 3 days then back at it and put a boiler in, have love slave who did the kneeling down for a week

I had problems with my knees about 8 years ago always swelling up and the doctor i use is pritty hands on and used to syringe them for me he syringed them three times over a short period and every time there was a lot of blood which he kept telling me i was damaging my knees in some way (well we all know with the job we do that is a fact) on my last vist he told me to kneel down and then got this plastic knee out his cupboard and started twisting it showing me what my knee was doing, turns out i was twisting my knees and sitting on my feet which was doing the damage so he told me to keep feet straight to prevent twisting knees took me so time to get out the habbit but had no problems since dont know if this is how you kneel but if it is try it

I'm 24 and I already have back trouble, bad knees and my left wrist has a tendon that pops out of place and cause my hand to go stiff! I reckon I'll be on a zimmer frame by my 35th birthday!!

I had problems with my knees about 8 years ago always swelling up and the doctor i use is pritty hands on and used to syringe them for me he syringed them three times over a short period and every time there was a lot of blood which he kept telling me i was damaging my knees in some way (well we all know with the job we do that is a fact) on my last vist he told me to kneel down and then got this plastic knee out his cupboard and started twisting it showing me what my knee was doing, turns out i was twisting my knees and sitting on my feet which was doing the damage so he told me to keep feet straight to prevent twisting knees took me so time to get out the habbit but had no problems since dont know if this is how you kneel but if it is try it

Yep that's how I kneel. I sit on my left foot which has a massive piece of hard skin on it to prove it. On the top of the foot.

Looks like I'll stop doing that then.

im only a baby and already had 2 knee ops on right leg. both through rugby. but it doesnt help in the plumbing game not looking forward to it in a few years.

ive been going 14 years and my knees feel good, i hate knee pads too.. i also dont have an apprentice because i'd feel bad making him work all week every week for free, because i dont make enough to pay someone else.. if you're a expletive deleted its probably a good way of under cutting everyone and making more money than a banker though..

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been going 14 years and my knees feel good, i hate knee pads too.. i also dont have an apprentice because i'd feel bad making him work all week every week for free, because i dont make enough to pay someone else.. if you're a REMOVED its probably a good way of under cutting everyone and making more money than a banker though..

wheres the apprentice bit come from ?

Why do i keep getting emails saying that my post has been edited ? 4 different emails now

I'm only 26 been doing it since I was 16 and my knees are shot already, it's not looking good :(

My knees are shot, always worn knee pads. Since an op to remove metalwork from my leg I can't bend it properly. So I have to kneel at an angle, which makes my hip I broke eight years ago ache like a good un. So all in all ready for the scrap heap. Great job this isn't it.

going to put a shelf on my zimmer frame to rest tools and boilers on!!!!!!!!!!

Knee pads....pffffft more like shin pads. My knees would be ok if them buggers were actually where they should be.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Knee pads....pffffft more like shin pads. My knees would be ok if them buggers were actually where they should be.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mine do that, my trousers are always falli g down.

Let me tell you a story..... My knees/knee used to swell up so bad that it felt like
my loose fitting work trousers felt like lycra leggings (not that I where lycra leggings
...wink...wink). Anyway back to the story in hand. This one time my knee had
ballooned that bad I couldn't bend it, a trip to the doctors was on the cards, turning
up at the quacks I was taken into see the nurse... Mr Hill we need to drain the fluid
from behind your knee cap....OK how you going to do that I ask?....with a needle
the size of a knitting needle.....you reckon I say!!! Me and needles do not see eye
to eye, so my answer to this treatment was "have you got some tablets that will do
the job just as well??? So off I went happy with my tablets.

A few days later my lad was run over by a quad bike and suffered a cut to his knee
that went right to the bone...not nice! To make him feel better I said to him that
we would go to the hospital together him with his knee and me with mine. On entering
the hospital we were put in seperate cubicals. My wife was with my lad and poor
old me with my ballooned knee was all on my own. Anyway explaining my situation
to the nurse she gave me the same news.... A needle behind the knee cap to drain
off the fluid....hhhmmm ****. while she was taking my obs all I could here from the
next cubical where my lad was were blood curdling screams, at the same time the
nurse was taking my blood pressure, she turned round and said to me....Mr Hill
have you got a heart problem??? No I replied its just that I can't stand needles
and hearing the screams from next door I can feel my heart racing.....I couldn't
go through with it, seeing that needle I bottled it. I asked for some more tablets
and waited for my lads treatment to finish. When he came out with my wife I asked
what were all the screams whereabout, it turned out they decided to stitch his knee
without any pain relief and my wife was holding him down!

I have never been able to live that down or should I say my lad will not let
me live it down....lol. From that day I have always worn knee pads and
touch wood its not happened again, but I do replace the pads every few
months.

i've had needle in my right knee and OMG, i actually told the git who was injecting the steroid to stop..he was actually moving the needle while it was in my knee....

i've had needle in my right knee and OMG, i actually told the git who was injecting the steroid to stop..he was actually moving the needle while it was in my knee....

big woosey, the secret is to relax and leave the muscle loose or as my surgeon pointed out, I'd be hanging off the ceiling screamimg, true to his word, relaxing dont hurt at all having experienced a few now. re moving the needle, probably find your wriggling caused the problem :)

big woosey, the secret is to relax and leave the muscle loose or as my surgeon pointed out, I'd be hanging off the ceiling screamimg, true to his word, relaxing dont hurt at all having experienced a few now. re moving the needle, probably find your wriggling caused the problem :)

I've had injections before but he was moving it inside my knees man...........normally they should take out then inject into different area..i don't mind being called a wuss....coz that hurt...lol :35:

Well guys thank god for knee bads and pipe benders

Every time i go up stairs it's like someone's behind me eating a bag of monster munch... then i realize it's just ma knees :lol:

I've had injections before but he was moving it inside my knees man...........normally they should take out then inject into different area..i don't mind being called a wuss....coz that hurt...lol :35:

could it be you have done his plumbing in the past???

My old fella told me 20 years ago about knee pads when I was an apprentice. Unfort didn't take his advice at the time. Only started in last few years, around the time the limping and aching started funnily enough. When your 18, your invincible. Different story once ye hit the 40s

I'm heading for the knee scrapyard after I was recommended redback knee pads - utter rubbish. Be better off kneeling on Lego

I'm back on the snickers floor layers. They fit in trousers and stay in place .

Sweet! I just didn't like the way the red backs move allover. How much you want postage?

Sweet! I just didn't like the way the red backs move allover. How much you want postage?

Whatever it costs me, I'd rather they go to good use. I mean the trousers not just the pads. And they are size fat and short.

mostly I use a large foam bit from a sofa to work on agas etc, getting grubby now though, need a newer bit from another sofa

I use the snickers ones ermi there brilliant, bit clumpy for first couple days but once you wear them in you wouldnt know there there, they fit inside my bosch trousers perfect

Has anyone tried the carpet layer ones , the ones with the little foam balls , there quite expensive but look ***fy?

Has anyone tried the carpet layer ones , the ones with the little foam balls , there quite expensive but look ***fy?

These were my only kneepads swapped them out every 3 months ish. Foam ones are nothing like the bean bag ones. The red backs aren't as comfy. If redback a didn't slide all over and had a better sheath then they would rock my world but at moment they are a poor second to bean bags.

I think il delv into my wallet and treat myself to bean bag ones , after all you cant buy a set of knees, ( not on the open market anyhow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bad knees!!!!!!!!! in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

New Threads

Latest posts

Some Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plumber noob
Back