Search the forum,

Discuss Bad customer services, lying about delivery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi all,

Has anyone else had issues with a company called aquabliss?

Ordered a shower tray from them, arrived a week late and was wrong size.

Their customer service people lied about delivery dates and times etc and have finally told me they are sending a replacement, the same size as the wrong one!!!

This is now 2 weeks late so have cancelled order and gone elsewhere.

Frustratingly customer is 75 year old couple that have not had a physical shower for 2 weeks, luckily their neighbours have helped out.

Can’t believe how bad they have been over this.

Story of the world these days mate. When they can hide behind a phone line customer service is dead

This sort of thing shows how important it is to assemble all essential materials before starting a job - I know we can still get caught out with damages etc but at least do what you can to minimise the chances.
Too true, we took bath out on Monday as delivery was that day. No tiling beneath bath line and bare stone wall so had to plaster and tile there then found lead waste pipe going through the 3ft stone wall 120mm above floor level so had to build a platform for the tray.

Wrong tray arrived a week later on bank holiday Monday and been told a replacement is on its way, will be there in morning or it’s half hour away etc

Love working on these old stone houses and this one even has a level floor. Walls not so lol

Always get materials before ripping the stuff out and shop at a local stockist

hi all,

Their customer service people lied about delivery dates and times etc and have finally told me they are sending a replacement, the same size as the wrong one!!!

Frustratingly customer is 75 year old couple that have not had a physical shower for 2 weeks, luckily their neighbours have helped out.

Ultimately this is your fault, if you were a sub contractor for a HA you would be charged, back stopped or de listed. Sorry but thats the way I see it
centralheatking

Ultimately this is your fault, if you were a sub contractor for a HA you would be charged, back stopped or de listed. Sorry but thats the way I see it
centralheatking

How is this his fault? If you go McDonalds and order a big mac and you get a chicken burger is that your fault? No it's the company that has not delivered the bits ordered.

I've had it in the past where I went in to my local merchants and said are all the parts for x ready to go? they replied yes so 2 days later ripped out existing shower tray and installed bath asked for the multipanel to be delivered the following day to be told it hasn't come in yet! When I said I asked if all of my parts for that job came in and was told yes everything was in. About 10 phone calls to both the manufacturer and merchant and about 2 weeks the panels arrived every single time I was told they will be out tomorrow or 2 days etc I was even told they had been put on a special courier to get them to my local merchants before 10am next day the following lunchtime I was on the phone and this was the last phone call to them the panels were out of stock and not due to be ready for another 3 weeks.

I suppose all the lies told and the mistakes of others is my fault as well.

How is this his fault? If you go McDonalds and order a big mac and you get a chicken burger is that your fault? No it's the company that has not delivered the bits ordered.

I've had it in the past where I went in to my local merchants and said are all the parts for x ready to go? they replied yes so 2 days later ripped out existing shower tray and installed bath asked for the multipanel to be delivered the following day to be told it hasn't come in yet! When I said I asked if all of my parts for that job came in and was told yes everything was in. About 10 phone calls to both the manufacturer and merchant and about 2 weeks the panels arrived every single time I was told they will be out tomorrow or 2 days etc I was even told they had been put on a special courier to get them to my local merchants before 10am next day the following lunchtime I was on the phone and this was the last phone call to them the panels were out of stock and not due to be ready for another 3 weeks.

I suppose all the lies told and the mistakes of others is my fault as well.
Never start a large ..ish job without the components ...imagine if you had pulled the bog out and it was the only one in the gaff and you could not get one even for before next morning....I actually did this but it was my own place over a bank holiday...my now ex wife no 1 was not happy at being told to go down the White Hart Pub...regards Rob Foster aka centralhearking

centralheatking
You do have a strange take on these things sometimes Rob it’s no different to unpacking components at the property to find that the cistern is smashed There is still a delay to the customer and the likelihood is that the old bathroom suite would’ve been ripped out. I don’t think anybody puts all the components together prior to ripping out the old bathroom. I do agree with the sentiment of using a local supplier though as it does tend to eliminate issues such as this

Never start a large ..ish job without the components ...imagine if you had pulled the bog out and it was the only one in the gaff and you could not get one even for before next morning....I actually did this but it was my own place over a bank holiday...my now ex wife no 1 was not happy at being told to go down the White Hart Pub...regards Rob Foster aka centralhearking

Easier said than done. Try working in a small cornish cottage where you haven't got room for your tools let alone the whole new bathroom suite. I had no where to put anything so was getting it dropped off on the day. I've even had some that I've had to have the multipanel out side until cut as I couldn't get full sheets in.

Easier said than done. Try working in a small cornish cottage where you haven't got room for your tools let alone the whole new bathroom suite. I had no where to put anything so was getting it dropped off on the day. I've even had some that I've had to have the multipanel out side until cut as I couldn't get full sheets in.
Hey Millsy, I have a couple of holiday lets near Tintagel if we get a radical would you come on to my list ? I also know many others nearby...in a similar position
[email protected]
if you like ...regards Rob Foster

Yes I once had to send back all the mermaid board and have it in 600’s as couldn’t get the big ones in. Luckily as it was my local merchants it didn’t cost me a restock as it was a popular colour.
Needless to say I’ve never done that again , I have even gone to a customers house with a sheet of 1/2” ply to see if I could get it up stairs when I could see it was borderline. They appreciate this sort of thing and I think I got more work partly because of it...

Now ladies :D:D:D

Fact is, very few businesses take any form of responsibility these days. It is certainly not unreasonable to ask the supplier if everything has arrived. Unfortunately, more and more they employ idiots who have not the first clue about what you've ordered or why and so take no 'real' interest.

I suppose a lesson from all of this is simply 'trust no one'. In future ask to see the stuff you've ordered at the merchants, open each box and check it all off. Its a complete ball ache but you just screw them down a bit more on price to compensate you for your time.

The old adage of, "if it's too good to be true it probably is" holds here - don't deal with the cheapest on the internet cos you'll get what you pay for... :rolleyes:

You do have a strange take on these things sometimes Rob it’s no different to unpacking components at the property to find that the cistern is smashed There is still a delay to the customer and the likelihood is that the old bathroom suite would’ve been ripped out. I don’t think anybody puts all the components together prior to ripping out the old bathroom. I do agree with the sentiment of using a local supplier though as it does tend to eliminate issues such as this
Riley, many people that I associate with professionally rate me as ...binary...I dont do grey....Rob Foster aka centralheatking
and trust no one except your own judgement but take advice as thats ultimately why we populate UKPF I have learned so much
on here which is is why I try to put plenty back in

hi all,

Frustratingly customer is 75 year old couple that have not had a physical shower for 2 weeks, luckily their neighbours have helped out. https://www.tootingemergencyplumber.co.uk

They have 2.4 rating, 191 Google reviews. thats worse rating ever, you can even report to google if they does fraud.

Reply to Bad customer services, lying about delivery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock