Search the forum,

Discuss Backnut Socket Question??? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Had to change a couple of monoblock taps a while ago and struggled to do the job untill I bought a set of cheap box spanners..

Although the spanners worked, I would prefer to use sockets where possible. I have now found some 80mm deep reach sockets on line and I am wondering if they would be deep enough in most cases?

Also, what are the common sizes of sockets generally needed for this?

I am not a plumber by trade, and just do simple DIY jobs for myself and family....Trying to see if I can get away with buying two or three of the more common sockets or whether to stump up for a full set...

You’re better off with box spanner’s, if you get the double ended ones you can use a socket on the remote end if you wish. The reason being- sockets are often too wide as they are thicker walled, and also not deep enough.
Common sizes are 12/13/10/11/9 in that order I’d say but you always get the odd other size now and then.

You’re better off with box spanner’s, if you get the double ended ones you can use a socket on the remote end if you wish. The reason being- sockets are often too wide as they are thicker walled, and also not deep enough.
Common sizes are 12/13/10/11/9 in that order I’d say but you always get the odd other size now and then.
Thanks for that...I have the double ended box spanners, and although they work, they feel sort of cheap and nasty compared to sockets lol

Reply to Backnut Socket Question??? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock