Search the forum,

Discuss Back to wall double ended baths. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Anyone fitted many of these? I am just intrested in how the bath panel usually fixes? With it being curved, is it clips on the bottom? And the wall? Thanks

Screenshot_20190423-213954.jpg

My bath is very similar at home. So what I did was tiled the bathroom, then put the bath in last. This way you can adjust the height of the bath to get the panel to fit perfect and tight to your finished floor level. I also stuck batons of wood at the bottom where it rests so it couldn't get pushed in at the bottom. Didn't need screwing either.

Overall a bit tricky, but it looks great.

Similar to most panels where you get clips that screw to the underside of the bath and to the floor, I haven't done one where the panel fixes to the wall. But always fit a batton up the wall and with a couple blobs of silicone press the panel up against them to reduce the panel flexing

I have a house with one in that is damaged. Tiled floor and walls underneath and around.
I'm hoping to swap the bath without having to re-do the tiling. Sound plausible?

Thanks, how is the bath usually fixed to the wall L brackets?
Once the bath panel is taken off you will clearly see how/if it's fixed. It my just have the feet screwed to the floor and be siliconed back to the wall.

Removing and refitting without removing or damaging tiling is plausible, just depends how the old bath is fixed. Fitting the new one to the existing tiles is easy so long as the bath is the same size. Or get a bigger bath so you can fit the bath against the tiles to cover the gap where the old bath was.

In answer to your first question. I have fitted some with spring clips under bath edge and clips/batten on floor; some with an adjustable metal framework which is integral to the bath, the panel is then fixed to that with magnets (it has metal plates bonded to rear of panel) - the latter were superb but hideously expensive.

Reply to Back to wall double ended baths. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the bath panel on my P bath, but it came with the house and I don't know what type it is. It has a fairly small bulge for the shower end of the bath, so a lot of p bath panels wouldn't fit. I've checked the most popular bathroom places with no luck. Thanks
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly using perimeter battens for support, I am attempting to install a fancy whirlpool/jacuzzi bath for my son. Plumbing and electrics are sorted but my...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock