Search the forum,

Discuss Back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ferga

If a stove or rayburn has a back boiler do you have to use it?

depends which fuel it uses

depends which fuel it uses or do you mean do you have to connect it

Its an oil fired rayburn, it should heat domestic hot water (OF308 if that means anything to you). It's been plumbed in wrong tho and I want to know if I can run it ok just to cook on if there's no water in the pipes?

depends how cold you are??????????

i really need to get a life- that made me giggle out loud...

I'm cold. really cold. We've got an oil fired rayburn- it was plumbed in by a mate who'd just done an intensive learn to plumb in 3 months course who had no experience. He's since given up plumbing- seems he wasn't really suited to it.
We've ended up with a rayburn that should heat our water, it's not gravity fed tho, it's a pump that circulates, once the water's circulating it's fine but its a total nightmare to get the water circulating, the pump pulls air in to the system thru the pipe that's supposed vent the system.

Can we drain down the water and still run the rayburn?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a rayburn 212 that I have plumbed into a vented hot water tank as far as I am aware I do not have to vent the rayburn as the tank is vented, is this correct. attached Is an image of the tank and a very basic schematic, fig 1 is how I have it plumed fig 2 is how I would plumb if the...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to install a wood burning stove with an air to water heat pump? I was speaking to a few plumbers who have said this is not possible as the air to water system is a pressurized system and the stove needs to be in a vented system.
Replies
Views
When I put the central heating on the hot water gets drawn through the pump but is then being diverted straight back to the boiler instead of the rads What is this, and how likely is it that it is faulty? That sits in between the hot water to the rads and hot water to the hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back, 2 for hot and 2 for cold, my new house has an open fire and has been used to heat both hot water and rads, but only has 2 outlets, can I T the 2 top...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock