Search the forum,

Discuss avice on what Fga in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodytheplumber

hi lads just looking for a bit of a heads up on that Fga to buy as I passed my acs on Friday the short end of it is funds are tight at the moment so I was wondering if a cheaper analyser is worth buying for a year or 2 or would you squeeze a little and buy a kane or a anton? and if so what model what ever brand and model I get I will need the full cpa kit with all the probes and printer cheers in advance

I'd spend a little more money and get the Kane or Anton. After all that instrument is essential to you servicing and commissioning boilers.

See what kinda deal you can grind out of your local merchant, a few sharp intakes of breath and are you serious comments to push the price down a bit!

Definitely squeeze a bit more and get a Kane or Anton!
Everybody has there own preference.......I personally have the Kane 455 CPA kit1 and it has everything with it.
Have a look somewhere like Corgi direct and see if they have any offers on.

Im a Testo man, and every engineer on this forum has different tastes and are used to certain machines , the testo 320 is well priced for a starter , does all you need and has the coloured screen not that colour matters, ive only ever used Kane and testo so not sure about other brands, ive noticed that Regin do a real cheap analyser

I have an anton and IMO it is a quality machine, big drawback when it goes back for servicing is the cost, oh and they seem to have cleverly put the 02 sensor in some kind of self destruct mode , it seems to go every 2 years on the same date. I am to tight to buy the printer I write down the readings on the gas work sheet.

Also have a look on you tube at the different models you might be thinking about, there are a lot of promo vids showing the functionality of them!

Thank you all for your advice I will stick with one of the big names and see what deal I can get from the merchants

I've only ever used the Testo and Anton. Testo on/off button kept going faulty, so couldn't turn it on/off! Anton Sprint is pretty decent, fga, gas sniffer, differential pressures, and temperature sensors. Pretty handy all-in-one machine.

I've only ever used the Testo and Anton. Testo on/off button kept going faulty, so couldn't turn it on/off! Anton Sprint is pretty decent, fga, gas sniffer, differential pressures, and temperature sensors. Pretty handy all-in-one machine.

Ive noticed that about the on off button bewsh, ive never had a faulty one but temperamental ,

Keep away from the cheap regin. Mine lasted fourteen months, it's in a bag by my front door. Can't bring myself to throw it out.

Ive noticed that about the on off button bewsh, ive never had a faulty one but temperamental ,

I get one issued by the company, but at the beginning of the year, I must have gone through about 4 Testos because the on/off button kept failing! And on the one, the connection at the bottom snapped off with normal use! The Anton's definitely feel more sturdy!

I have the cpa1 kit. It cost me 621 quid. But now the 457 is out I'm sure you'll get it cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to avice on what Fga in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock