Search the forum,

AUS Australia

Discuss Australia in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Australia
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaky

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Any plumbers worked there and what's it like?

My mate, who is GSR, emigrated last month. He said they 'work hard, play hard'. The standard of living is better if you like an outdoor or social lifestyle. The price of houses, white goods and cars is higher though.

Not sure what the work is like out there though

There is a thread on here that's is quite recent have look

I know a couple of lads who went. Expensive upfront for skills assessment through vetass, expensive for visa (if enough points, plumber not on current skills in demand list), only get a provisional plumbing license and have to go to tafe (college) to upgrade, have to be supervised on a provisional and can't set up on your own without going to college to get your congtractors license.

Once you get there, there is not a lot of work and if you get a job, get a decent shovel as you will be using it a lot. Oh and its silver solder on copper, brazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Australia in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock