Search the forum,

Discuss Atag One control when on holiday in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Can someone help please? Customer support from ATAG is non existent as the house we have bought had this installed a few years ago and despite sending them a picture of the install document they are not helping which is impossibly frustrating.

Two questions. 1) this is a pic of the info after a week of bring away on holiday. The system is set to Vacation. Why is the HW at 47C or is this the target? The HW is actually set for 40C and should not have been on the past 7bdays?
2) on my nest I could do a HW boost. It doesn't look possible on the ATAG One without going in and amending the schedule. Is this really the case?

Thanks very much to someone who can help!

Screenshot_20220829-102652.png

Last edited:
That’s the actual temp on the sensor

Set point is your set temp

Well that's pants then isn't it?

Wouldn't anyone who sets a vacation expect they heating, both CH and WH to be off?

A couple of days ago I set the water to not have a schedule trying to switch it off but it seems to be permanently on.

I wonder if I tried the Dutch help online whether it's more likely I'd get someone helpful?

My advice so far is to avoid ITAG

Well if it has been left on, that's the case since June when we moved in and I'll be a right fool for not checking it!

Thanks, I'll be doing that when I'm back for sure

Or it’s well insulated and will take along time to cool

We're away but I just had an idea - our gas is via Octopus so I logged in and it's being used every day so it's definitely the ATAg One app not working for "Vacation"

Look man, chill out you’re on holiday. In the good old days before “apps” you’d have been blissfully unaware. Put this to one side and enjoy some time with your family- this can wait.

LOL, you're right Ben. We're in Europe touring and as I can't drive I can pick this up every day to give me something to do.

I'm just very frustrated at ATAG and their so called support!

LOL, you're right Ben. We're in Europe touring and as I can't drive I can pick this up every day to give me something to do.

I'm just very frustrated at ATAG and their so called support!

Tbh they don’t have any it’s all installer based eg your installer is the support they don’t have warranty/ technical engineers it’s all down to installers / approved

Ok so the so called support have finally answered this and as we have the ATAG is24 set up ( something to do with ports) where the ATAG One controller does nothing for the hot water, it's on permanently so whether or not I set a schedule or set vacation it does you whenever the cylinder temp goes below the set temp 24/7.

It sort of makes their claim that the system is economical a bit of a joke. If we do want it off I can go into the loft and turn the water temp down to two dashes which is off but if we are away a few days, that was there beauty of the Nest, vacation switched the boiler off (with first protection) so I'm not impressed.

I wonder if I could swap the controller for a Nest but expect it's the plumbing which changing will be a small fortune for an ATAG approved plumber?

There was another thread on here regards the Atag controller and the approved installer said it wasn’t great and he has a nest installed. Maybe you have a faulty motorised valve that’s stuck calling for hot water - that doesn’t need to be Atag approved engineer.

Reply to Atag One control when on holiday in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock