Search the forum,

Discuss ‘At Risk’ boiler and inspection hatches in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, just a quick query (hopefully). We’ve got a combi boiler installed in a cupboard with the flue going 90° then directly through the external wall to where it terminates. We’ve had numerous gas safety certificates for it over the years with having lodgers etc, but we’re about to sell the house and discovered the boiler was never registered with building control. We’ve found a GSR engineer that had done some work for us previously including issuing gas safety certificates, and would issue a building regulations certificate and recommission it but they queried that the whole of the flue wasn’t inspectable and that we’d need to install inspection hatches. My main query is that the whole of the flue is visible in the back of the cupboard, apart from the small section that goes through the external wall. They did some work for us last year including sealing around the flue so am unsure why this is suddenly an issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

I wonder if the thinking was to have a hatch in the left side of the cupboard, assuming it's timber, so you could get a direct view of the flue joints.
If so it seems pointless as you still can't see the righthand side of the flue against the wall without a mirror or using a phone camera.

Flue hatch.jpeg

Reply to ‘At Risk’ boiler and inspection hatches in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock