Search the forum,

Discuss Astracast sink with no overflow....customer not happy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I was asked to buy a beige bowl and a half kitchen sink for a customer to replace his old Franke sink. I bought an Astracast and half way through fitting it I noticed there was no overflow so I rang Astracast and she said the smaller bowl was the overflow and said to tell the customer not to leave the plug in.

My customer said its not fit for purpose and I actually agree with him, if I attempt to drill my own overflow I void the warranty.

Customer wants an overflow incase one of the grandchildren leaves plugs in with tap running.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Astracast-Composite-Kitchen-Sahara-Beige-Reversible/dp/B00GHR03SE

Last edited:
Seen this quite a lot with the half bowl acting as overflow. The plugs in these sinks as you know need pushed into place so rarely should it be a problem but I can see why a customer wouldn't be happy but I'd ask the custard to see how they get on b4 changing sinks or boring holes. Neat holes can be bored easily enough with the proper holesaw kit.

They have had the same design for 25 years. I've never heard of anyone complain before.

Does your customer understand that if his grandkids leave a tap running at anything more than a dribble the overflow won't cope and the floor will be wet anyway.

why do you need a plug in the 1/2 bowl, never used mine in 20 years?
tell them it is fit for purpose and is as designed.

They use both sinks with plugs in, no idea why all I know is I went home unpaid last night and feel hard done by. Apparantly its not BS to provide an overflow but in Europe it is.

Looks like I have to drill a hole.

Hi Phill

This not a shot at you but more some info for others to read.

Cardinal mistake is to purchase anything to do with bathrooms or kitchens
on your customers behalf. 1 - there is no profit cause they know the price
from internet
2 - and if they dont like it ! as you see

So it dead easy - get your customer go and buy what they want they
can pay and bring it home /get it delivered/ you can collect but charge

The cost of this stuff is usually same price as your labour and often many
times more - DO NOT INVEST YOUR MONEY IN A CUSTOMERS HOUSE
cause when they dont pay and its in their gaff you are stuffed mate

Centralheatking

^^Good advice from CHK^^

In the "olden days" before the internet you could make a decent turn off bathroom stuff, in fact off everything and people generally didn't care what stuff it was as long as it was the right colour.

These days there is so much to choose from with prices on the internet as cheap if not cheaper than we can get it from a merchants so i now leave the purchasing of these items (with a very few exceptions) to the customers and they pay me twice for there mistakes if they don't like something.

fit a different sized basket in the small bowl and chuck plug in the bin. problem solved.

I normally do everything I can NOT to supply anything......I had my arm twisted and this is my punishment.

Half way through fitting a boiler conversion, customer tells me he wants bath, basin and toilet replaced. He will buy the lot. Next day I went in, he said we needed to go source the bath tub, basin and toilet? THREE hours it took till I insisted that I had had enough.
We went to B&Poo, Wicks, Selco, you name it he took me there, saying he had seen they have 60% sales going on.
His son and wife occupy the property. When I attended and fitted bath (it has been in their living room for a week) the son's wife asked if I had choosed the bath or did her father-in-law choose it? She claimed it was too small (1700x700). Madness, utter madness

Last edited:
.....His son and wife occupy the property. When I attended and fitted bath (it has been in their living room for a week) the son's wife asked if I had choosed the bath or did her father-in-law choose it? She claimed it was too small (1700x700). ......

You should have replied - " Actually, you do have a point, we picked that because it is the standard size of bath that suits most people's physical size, but we should have thought of your extra width." :smile:

I hope you billed him £150 for your time plus diesel money :smile:

Did not, but after her comments yesterday, I called it a day, saying I was tired. She asked if I will be back today and I said NO, I need a rest. I had stupidly taken off a potterton profile off the wall and the weight of the damn thing knocked me to the floor.
''Will you be here Monday then''?
Depends how I feel, says I

Go back and get your money whatever way it takes - do not start walking away
from jobs even poo ones - thin end of the wedge - we always return and get paid
One posh one 2 years ago refused point blank - even threatened his solicitor !
so I said in ft of him and his Mrs that I would
go around all their neighbours and tell them honestly what this pair had done. Guess what
cheque was written and went thro as it should.
Centralheatking
Did not, but after her comments yesterday, I called it a day, saying I was tired. She asked if I will be back today and I said NO, I need a rest. I had stupidly taken off a potterton profile off the wall and the weight of the damn thing knocked me to the floor.
''Will you be here Monday then''?
Depends how I feel, says I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Astracast sink with no overflow....customer not happy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock