Search the forum,

Discuss Ashp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the preferred flavour of ASHP? I'm building a chalet bungalow, UFH downstairs and an rads upstairs. obviously my plumber mate will be sizing rads accordingly etc. Just wondering what are your preferred brands so I can look into them a bit more? Most of my experience with them has been with Mitsubishi ecodans. Cheers Lee

Hi lee
If you can get gas, fit it.

Hi Chalked, unfortunately not really a viable option as the costs are astronomical to get mains gas...unless went for LPG or even oil? Trying to find a healthy balance between cost/ease of use as selling the property once built.

I was thinking ASHP, Log burner and solar hot water panel linked up to a thermal store.

ASHP will be cheaper to run than LPG or oil even gas if its designed properly, Mitsubishi Ecodan would be my choice but samsung have a similar and cheaper alternative

ASHP will be cheaper to run than LPG or oil even gas if its designed properly, Mitsubishi Ecodan would be my choice but samsung have a similar and cheaper alternative

MAY be cheaper to run
But installation cost and maintence costs will be hugely different
Spend the money on insulation and put in a lpg boiler then your running costs will be low
And as said you can put in solar thermal to help with hot water demand
But even this is not really cost effective in today's market
Especially in NI

Yes installation cost for a heat pump is significantly more for those who milk the gravy train. But I will be honest The build cost for the hardware are very similar the only difference is the heat pump lets say £3000 or a boiler £800
All heat pumps run a pressurized system the exactly the same as most heating systems today and apart from having space and a clean airflow, they perform very well.

My main gripe is the installers who have knocked the edge of heat pumps, They are a very good and efficient system only when installed properly and designed correctly

I've never seen one that lives up to the hype
The cylinders they need are more expensive too
We run oil over here and the running cost for a well insulated house is not that much difference

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ashp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock