Search the forum,

Discuss ASHP advice Daikin or Mitsubishi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be installing an air source heat pump system as there is no gas in the village and replacing an oil boiler.

I have had two quotes both specifying a 14kw heat pump. One supplier would only fit Daikin split system and the other is wanting to install Mitsubishi Ecodan monobloc. The price difference is 2k with the Daikin being more expensive.

Is the Daikin worth the extra cost?

Looking around at what the systems cost the installers are charging 3-4K to install and commission the system on top of what the heat pump and cylinder costs. (My builder will be doing the underfloor heating work). Is that going rate? Not sure if that’s excessive for 2 to 3 day’s work. I understand the cost will be more to get MCS certified so just checking that I am not overpaying.

Any advice would be helpful.

I’d be more worried about the builder laying the underfloor heating, experience has definitely told me ‘it’s a recipe for disaster ‘, I’d be more inclined to get a heating engineer to lay the loops, that has plenty of experience doing it. Because once it’s in and screeded over and something hasn’t been installed properly....you’re screwed.

The builder will be getting a heating engineer to do the underfloor heating as part of our contract with him. He has already done the same at my sisters place so not too worried about it.

Any Advice?

Get the company that you want to install the ASHP to quote for the whole job, including the UFH installation.

As for the installation costs of installing and commissioning the ASHP, you have to take what you can get.
They are not as simple as installing a boiler and doing a FGA test / adjustment.

I've installed a few ASHP systems, and I find they have more problems than the average boiler installation.

I serviced quite a few ASHP systems and the majority of the problems are installation / commissioning problems.

So choose whoever you want, but the end situation may be easier for you if you have one company do the whole installation.
That will alleviate the blame game at the end of the job, if things go wrong.
Builder will blame the equipment installed is faulty.
ASHP intsalation company will blame the UFH is not installed correctly.

The builder will be getting a heating engineer to do the underfloor heating as part of our contract with him. He has already done the same at my sisters place so not too worried about it.

Phew!!!

Dakin is the superior of the 2 and can raise water tempreture higher if needed quite bulky though comes as a packaged unit and has to be built up , Ecodan have had problems in the past but plenty of housing associations fit them around here . money no object and you have the room got to be Dakin. Cheers kop

I personally prefer the mitsi but neither will be any good by reading this thread

I second Mitsi! Their after sales and technical support teams have always been more helpful too by past experience

Have you had heatloss calcs done and are the radiator being replaced i have been installing heat pumps for the last 6 years most issues are with bad installation and no heatloss calcs

Yes heat loss calcs done by each of the fitters . Underfloor heating for ground floor, new radiators for first floor which will be spec’d accordingly.

To throw more into the mix, may also look at Waterkotte or oschner brands as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ASHP advice Daikin or Mitsubishi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock