Search the forum,

Discuss Arranging and venting a waste pipe branch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I recently got ground floor piping extended to have drain, hot and cold in a first floor room. Only the pipes are there, but I'd like to install a sink and a washing machine as from the diagram.

https://i.stack.*********/Zngwd.png

Note that the washing machine will be at a higher level, because it will be placed on a riser about 1m higher than the floor level.
The drain pipe distance between the new sink and the lower floor sink is about 7-8 metres, while that between the new washing machine and the new sink would be about one metre.

Questions:

1) How do I arrange traps? I plan to place one under the new sink, but should it also serve the washing machine or the latter would need a separate one? And would it be wiser to buy resealing ones?

2) Should I add an aav valve, given that the branch is now pretty long (around 10 metres)? If yes, where to place it?

3) Do you see any foreseeable problem with this setup, either practical or regulation-wise? (I'm in Scotland)

Thanks!

The way I’d look at it would be that the wm will have lots of cr@p going down the pipe and it has the longest distance to go. Hence I’d be upsizing to prevent blockage

Riley is giving you good advice based on experience, if this exceeds any regs you may have read- don’t worry about it - the small extra cost is worth it for trouble free usage. You don’t want waste pipework on the limits of its capabilities, it will always give trouble in time.

Reply to Arranging and venting a waste pipe branch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked down the top and a with a u bend at the bottow going directly to outside drain. Is it OK to put a tee joint into the verical pipe and join the sink...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
R
Do I arrange new pipework to be fitted (downpipes and sink and washing machine waste pipes) before or after new render is applied?
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Hi All, I hope you are doing well. I have a problem. Not sure if this was always like that or something is degrading. Whenever the toilet refills when it finishes there is a knock in the pipes. The same happens when the washing machine finishes taking water. Is this because there is too tight...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock