Search the forum,

Discuss Arm covers for delving in sooty boilers.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

I found some excellent oversleeves in my local supplies shop, theyr'e only about £1.50 a pair. Brilliant to have a few pairs on the wagon in case of that mid morning sooted up boiler
Screen Shot 2013-07-14 at 22.08.53.jpg

or ebay 10 Pairs of Dupont TYVEK Disposable Oversleeves / Arm Covers - TPR940 | eBay

I struggle with things like this an gloves, no matter why I use I always manage to get covered.

I struggle with things like this an gloves, no matter why I use I always manage to get covered.
Thats the beauty of these, its such a pain to go to your NEXT custard when youve just got yourself elbow deep in soot.

not much use to me, when I get a sooty one I usually end up covered from head to waist!

some little old lady had a husband who kept coming home sooty, so she sat down and made him a big romper suit to wear over his clean clothes and all he had to do was change out of it before coming home, to be clean when he came in. Soon lots of wives were making them and they got called BOILER SUITS and they are still available today. Ivegot 2 in the van and I always turn up clean to my next customer and having 2 means if one gets really dirty I can put another one on and when I get home at night they get washed and ready to use again, and I only have to pay for a new suit occasionally (actually mine have a boating logo on them:) )

why reinvent the wheel, badly

why reinvent the wheel, badly
For the academically challenged among us, this is why we re-invent the wheel. Its called progress/ invention/ furthering or improving of life......LP, you crack on, stick with the stone one.

Attachments

• 5828stone_wheel.jpg
    5828stone_wheel.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 9
  • wheels-002.jpg
    wheels-002.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 9
I stay clean all over, you pay £1,50 to keep just your arms clean, don't think I'm the academically challenged one :)

I pay £1.50 once a month if I hit a real dirtbag sooter, most of the time the long reach BBQ brush does the business. Its only pulling out or putting back the baffles where I go black. I cant bear covvies, especially in this weather - brings a new reason why they are called 'boiler' suits.
PLUS my wife doesnt have to wash/ dry them overnight, although I believe they may actually be washable...must check.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Arm covers for delving in sooty boilers.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock