Search the forum,

Discuss Arezzo shower valve - any good? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Never head of them. Personally I prefer to stay away from the concealed shower as sooner or later tiles need to come off to fix it. If it's not a really good one then sooner

I bought it and it's rubbish. Already faulty in a matter of months and no way to leave a negative review on Victorian Plumbing as it always states that the order number is incorrect! Terrible!

If you’re gonna spend money on one fixture, make it the shower!

Go Grohe, Hans Grohe, Bristan, I’ve also had very little trouble with Aqualisa.

I've had issues with mira but often go to repair 20+ year old valves and have an old thermostatic bath mixer myself. You can't grumble at 20+ years

We're currently experiencing problems with our Arezzo Shower (brass version of the one posted above) - it won't start running unless the bath tap is turned on at the same time (once the shower is running the bath tap can be turned off). We followed the installation instructions, which simply state a working pressure range (0.5-5 bar) and nothing about the type of shower pump that is compatible. So our plumber installed a 3 bar positive head pump because we have a gravity system. Since identifying the problem and raising with Victorian Plumbing, they pointed out that that they recommend a negative or universal pump - but do not require! Even though we have now installed a 2 bar Universal pump the shower still won't work by itself! Apparently we didn't originally follow VP's recommendation, despite no such recommendation or requirement in the installation instructions. I feel as though we've not been instructed clearly and VP are not willing to help us repair or replace. Nb the recommendation to use the universal or negative pump was on their website's product description but not in their installation instructions. However, since raising our concern their website has been updated to say the shower won't work with a positive pump but not the installation instructions! Shouldn't such a requirement be in the installation instructions? Isn't there a difference between a recommendation and a requirement!? How is our plumber to know what won't work if it's not stated clearly?

Hi - we have just bought one of these and had our plumber install it. I wanted to check something with you all. It looks just like the photos on the VB website. The handles for the three knobs are all pointing down. The (central) thermostat knob has the red mark on the left and blue on the right as you look at it (as in the website photo). To get warm/hot water you are required to rotate the knob anti-clockwise - ie. towards the blue mark (in my opinion). The plumber says that he has done nothing wrong, and this is how it is designed, and that the thermostat means that there are no alternatives. My (initial, admittedly novice) research suggests he may be correct. It is not just as simple as him having connected the hot and cold pipes to the wrong points, is it?? Any confirmation/correction greatly appreciated so I can work out whether to 'have words' with our plumber. Thanks!

You can’t use a positive head pump with a high pressure mixer unless your tank is a good 15m plus above the top of the shower head (giving it approximately 1.5 bar of pressure) your plumber should advised you of this or you should of left it to him to sort the sanitary fixtures out, it’s one of them if you buy unbranded best to keep aload of tiles spare for 5 years time when you have to rip it all out

Hi - we have just bought one of these and had our plumber install it. I wanted to check something with you all. It looks just like the photos on the VB website. The handles for the three knobs are all pointing down. The (central) thermostat knob has the red mark on the left and blue on the right as you look at it (as in the website photo). To get warm/hot water you are required to rotate the knob anti-clockwise - ie. towards the blue mark (in my opinion). The plumber says that he has done nothing wrong, and this is how it is designed, and that the thermostat means that there are no alternatives. My (initial, admittedly novice) research suggests he may be correct. It is not just as simple as him having connected the hot and cold pipes to the wrong points, is it?? Any confirmation/correction greatly appreciated so I can work out whether to 'have words' with our plumber. Thanks!

Are they using the lever or a dot on the top of the handle to mark position ?

Hi we just installed the Arezzo thermostatic shower valve with one outlet (shower head) and are having the same issue. Turning clockwise should be hot but its cold and vice versa. The additional problem that has just started after the second shower! is that it starts hot but then changes to only warm. We checked too whether there was a plumbing fault but all has been plumbed in correctly, hot left as marked on valve and cold right. I have contacted Victorian Plumbing, who sold it to us, and they are currently sending my photos over to the manufacturer. If you have had any ideas in the meantime would appreciate an update. Thank you

Hi we just installed the Arezzo thermostatic shower valve with one outlet (shower head) and are having the same issue. Turning clockwise should be hot but its cold and vice versa. The additional problem that has just started after the second shower! is that it starts hot but then changes to only warm. We checked too whether there was a plumbing fault but all has been plumbed in correctly, hot left as marked on valve and cold right. I have contacted Victorian Plumbing, who sold it to us, and they are currently sending my photos over to the manufacturer. If you have had any ideas in the meantime would appreciate an update. Thank you

Did you get a reply from Victorian Plumbing Barry? We have the same issue just had the plumber under the floor and it is definitely plumbed correctly. We also have the sink tap by the same people and it works as expected which is just odd

I also have the same issues as you are having with the hot not getting hot enough. I think I have exhausted all options in terms of trying to fix it. I reversed the hot and cold, as like you I believe the valve head turns the wrong way! This just gave boiling hot water no matter which way the thermostat was pointing. Tried quite a few other things as well including reducing the temperature of the hot going in, in case the valve couldn’t handle it. The only thing I haven’t done is to clean the little filters with in the valve in case there is some sort of blockage in there. My valve doesn’t have a large faceplate it just has small rings around it so I can’t get in to get to these! Overall really disappointed with this valve! Looks great but is rubbish!

Reply to Arezzo shower valve - any good? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock