Search the forum,

Discuss Are these worth anything? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
I've had these very attractive smallish cast iron period (which one) single panel rads for years as they came out of my old place but been meaning to use them for something but you know how it is.

Dunno what to do with them really as I'm having a purge...so recycling centre, ebay or scrap metal dealers? There are two of them and they were joined at 90 degrees to fit in a bathroom corner.

IMG-0193.JPG

Sell them to a Yorky!!!

They'll offer you a price less than scrap and still think they paid too much.
And then let you know about it!!!

I found a set of multiple units on fleabay...

Is that right, the seller says you can split them but that would mean using a very large bsp tap in cast iron for iron fittings. Is that even possible, you'd need 6ft breaker bar to cut a thread that big or am I just being a Southern softy?
PS, only rock hard Northerners may respond.

I found a set of multiple units on fleabay...

Is that right, the seller says you can split them but that would mean using a very large bsp tap in cast iron for iron fittings. Is that even possible, you'd need 6ft breaker bar to cut a thread that big or am I just being a Southern softy?
PS, only rock hard Northerners may respond.
Yes and yes. Cast iron is easy to thread cos it's softer than a Southern plumber. Mek sure tha's ad some bread an drippin fer thi breakfast, took whippet art fer a shiite an brayed your lass first tho

Reply to Are these worth anything? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock