Search the forum,

Discuss Are there any US code approved flexible waste pipes for toilets? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, I am a college student working on a project that involves plumbing. My team and I are currently at a bit of a snag though. We need to be able to bend and move the waste pipe for our toilet but are not sure if flexible/corrugated/accordion pipes are code approved in the US. Any info on whether there are types of pipes that are approved or where to find if something is approved would be great!

The US is the same as the rest of the world.

Anything stamped or tagged "Made in China" is approved anywhere for anything!!!!

Just check with your local authority.
Personally I wouldn't use flexible connectors on any waste pipe

Reply to Are there any US code approved flexible waste pipes for toilets? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
I currently have a floor standing pan in a downstairs cloakroom. The waste is vertical about 10mm on the inside of a 2- brick external wall. As I'm completely retiling the room, can I fit a connector that runs horizontally behind the current waste below floor level( by cutting off some of the...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although the gas boiler is perhaps nearing the end of its life. But the boiler is not our current issue. Last winter two of the radiators did not heat up and...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm currently doing the pre-planning for my next DIY project fitting a shower tray and enclosure from scratch. I'm confident of being able to do the job but not being a plumber not sure the best way to go about it so would appreciate any advice. The current upstairs room has a black waste...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock