Search the forum,

Discuss Are there any issues with power flushing though a Grundfos ALPHA pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ringi

In a few weeks’ time I am going to hire a power flushing machine. The best place to connect and use the machine is in our utility as it has water and drainage as well as the boiler with pipework that is easy to connect to. (And a tiled floor that leaks will not damage)

Our system pump is a Grundfos ALPHA in our loft, I am planning to discount its power lead while doing the power flush. However given that it has pressure sensors etc in it, is there a risk of damaging it while power flushing?

It would be best to bridge out the pump valves and not flush with the pump in situ

It will decrease the flow of the powerflush with the pump in place

Always better to connect to the pump gate valves put choccy block on pump wire for safety. The hire place should have hoses long enough to get out of a window even from a loft. Keep an eye on the connections but wrap towels around them and have a large bucket below each join just in case.

One issue is that I can’t be in two places at a time, and as my wife is disabled she can’t get up the ladder to the loft. So I can check the pump gate values often, but not watch them all the time. However I may get a Bath Buddy Bath Water Level Alarm.

There is very little space below the gate values as the pump is just above the ceiling, so I will not get much more than a washing up bowl under them if that.

Hoses length should not be an issue as the loft hatch and pump is just above our bathroom, I could put the power flushing unit in the bath for safety and tee of the cold water feed to the bath.(The cold water to the bath is mains, but the shower is a pumped system off a header tank.)

At least there is not much pipe work above the pump gate values so the size of a leak will be limited to the amount of water in the power flusher.

If you use the bath make sure you have plenty of towels to protect the surface. I have often used the bath as a safe and drainable source of bunding and you can use the toilet for the dumping. Don't be lulled by the amount of water. Once the pump starts up you have approximately 1 bar of pressure at a high flow rate. A washing up bowl is fine and the panic points are at initial start and then once the water has got to temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are there any issues with power flushing though a Grundfos ALPHA pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock