Search the forum,

Discuss Are support sleeves necessary for copper pipe compression fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

This must have been discussed in the past but with a quick search I couldn't find the answer I wanted.

What is the view of using support sleeves inside copper pipes for compression joints.

(The pipes in question are 28 mm and 35 mm diameter so I'd expect them to be pretty strong anyway.)

Are they...
a) essential?
b) recommended?
c) optional (depending on situation?)

Hardly ever used in run-of-the-mill plumbing. I wouldn't even know where I would buy them. Think Viessmann boilers come with them for the final connection to the boiler.

Reply to Are support sleeves necessary for copper pipe compression fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems to be slightly smaller than 22 mm compression fitting and when I tighten the compression nut the whole fitting is easily sliding off the pipe and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
I understand that, at least in the USA, the term "Lead Free" means "not more than a weighted average of 0.25% lead when used with respect to the wetted surfaces of pipes, pipe lead-free compression fittings, plumbing fittings and fixtures." In other words, Lead Free does not necessary mean Zero...
Replies
Views
Have noticed my success rate with compression fittings fall over the last year or so. Am getting a few that weep. When I back to nut off to have a look the olive isn't over tighthed and I always clean the pipe first. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this whether it's just me or the quality...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock