Search the forum,

Discuss Are kitchen sink apertures a standard size? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a one a half bowl sink in a standard 100cm base unit. We want to replace the sink with a new one a half bowl sink in the same worktop. How likely is it that the new sink will fit in the same aperture with little or no cutting?

There's no standard as far as I am aware and I've fitted and replaced quite a few sinks over the years. If you can find an exact fit which might take a bit of luck, great, but it's usually possible to find one just a few millimetres larger one way or another and fit that which does of course require a bit of cutting.

Even if there was a true standard size, like so many measurements in construction and materials, it will often be a "Nominal size" rather than exact.

The size of the cutout is what's important here. Measure from underneath if possible or measure from above but remember to take the lip/flange into account and see if you can find one of the appropriate dimensions. There are so many out there you will find one to fit with little or no cutting if lucky. Nothing beats having an exact measurement of the hole in your worktop and going out to a merchant or two armed with a tape measure to see if you can find a good fit.

Unfortunately there's no exact, straight answer to this one.

Reply to Are kitchen sink apertures a standard size? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before the kitchen sink taps) to feed the dishwasher and washing machine is it worth fitting a isolation valve with a built-in check valve? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock