Search the forum,

Discuss Aquatherm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch4 plumbing

Hi Guys

Has anyone used or been involved with this product? It has come up on a spec.

Yeah green plastic you melt with an 'iron'

never seen it, is it specced for a reason or has the architect just copied someone elses spec to save time as they all do, I reckon one bloke did one initially and the rest just copied his spec

That's the kiddie, have you used it? any concerns or problems?

never seen it, is it specced for a reason or has the architect just copied someone elses spec to save time as they all do, I reckon one bloke did one initially and the rest just copied his spec

I would imagine the reason is cost compared to LCS (install time maybe not material cost)

It needs plenty of brackets as it will sag
Don't burn yourself too many times with the iron

No, was shown on site.
It's pretty simple

I used it on site about 7 years ago was supposed to be the next best thing at the time.

Cant recall it being awkward other than a set time to make the weld ,one thing i do recall tho is that the bur from the pipe use to get into valves with filters.

We had a similar product over here.
Make sure you read the MI's for expansion loops !!!.
Make sure you test it to the correct pressures for a minimum of 24 hours.

It's good stuff, mark your weld depth cut the pipe straight. Start the fitting first weld the pipe for the right time, push the fitting and pipe together to your marked depth hold in place. Can't go wrong pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aquatherm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock