Search the forum,

Discuss Aqualisa varispray concealed arm/head replacement in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all, first post and in need of assistance desperately!! Im trying to remove my shower arm and struggling..... im no plumber and followed some advice and hit a snag... my shower in question is an Aqualisa white varispray, iv located the grub screw and removed it and was expecting the arm to slide off and come off to replace, i should also say the 4 fixing screws are not in place as they should be, only the underside grub screw, im guessing its sealed rather than screwed in tight given the 4 screws are not in place.... my question is, how the hell do i get the arm off the sleeve off the pipe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 6
Have you tried unscrewing it?
[automerge]1602610338[/automerge]
C`mon now, you have pretty pictures showing how it is assembled ;)
So it either pulls off or it has been stuck on as you suspect.
[automerge]1602610911[/automerge]
We seem to have posts showing then not, posts merging despite being 2hrs apart, strange things going on here. :eek:

Last edited:
Well this is my question really, im a little unsure for the best, iv no idea how it “should” come off, would it not just pull off/push on, and then the 4 screws hold it in place, or in my case, glue!!! Its a barretts built house from the mid nineties and they seem to keep living up to there renowned name of bodgit jobs.... why use glue and not just the 4 screws its meant to be done??
Anyway.... screw you say? Can you explain more? Screw off that “sleeve” which is over the pipe to which the arm is now attached to? Or screw the whole bit in the picture off the pipe? I did first try screwing it all off, and it turned a full 3 rotations before becoming too tight, it was then i discovered the grub screw, so now iv removed that i was a tad upset when it appeared to make no difference whatsoever.... thanks for the reply, please reply again ;)
[automerge]1602609585[/automerge]
To hell explain my thought process, im referring to this in the link when i say i presume it will pull off the sleeve...
[automerge]1602610239[/automerge]
Im now thinking the reason it wont just pull off nice and simple is because of this... if this is my issue, my pipework.... how do i remove the shower arm?

Last edited:
[automerge]1602610338[/automerge]
C`mon now, you have pretty pictures showing how it is assembled ;)
So it either pulls off or it has been stuck on as you suspect.
[automerge]1602610911[/automerge]
We seem to have posts showing then not, posts merging despite being 2hrs apart, strange things going on here. :eek:
Sorry, im just reading more and trying to give as much info as i can.... im no plumber remember, no idea about pipework and u-bends, but i know this shower arm wont just pull off, and why would it screw off? Whats its screwed onto? If it was screwed on why is it glued/siliconed on? Is it possible my pipe hanging out the wall is the spigot kit pipework like the link iv posted? Would explain why its not just pulling off would it not?

I think it does just pull off, that spigot has an oring for the seal and the grubscrew and four screws in plate fix it.
They probably made a massive hole in the wall and didn’t make it good, so there was nothing to screw into - hence no screws used.

The spigot will be screwed into a female iron , but if this is on plastic pipe it may well just turn and turn- sounds like it may be a poor installation.

Why are you removing it?

I think it does just pull off, that spigot has an oring for the seal and the grubscrew and four screws in plate fix it.
They probably made a massive hole in the wall and didn’t make it good, so there was nothing to screw into - hence no screws used.

The spigot will be screwed into a female iron , but if this is on plastic pipe it may well just turn and turn- sounds like it may be a poor installation.

Why are you removing it?
Thanks Ben-Gee, appreciate the advice, im 6ft 5 and a clumsy oaf.... i head butted the arm and snapped the shower head clean off! Iv managed to rub both ends down flat and with loctite superglue, iv stuck the shower head back on and sealed round the join!!! Not ideal by any means, but amazingly its stayed on and 2 showers later its fine with no leaks! I want it off and replaced though, but il be totally honest, im nervous im going to cause havoc with a bust water piper and have water everywhere..... iv seriously spent hours trawling through plumber forums and youtube clips, all say undo the screws and itl pull off..... i swear every single problem i have mine is never how im told it will be and it ends up a disaster hahahaha..... when i finally got that grubscrew off, i pulled and it moved, but with the pipe too, it wasnt coming off easy, however, i must admit i only tugged twice and then stomped off and returned and replaced the grubscrew and left it..... i didnt twist at all as “RPM” maybe suggested i tried...... if its that spigot pipe, will i cause a problem by properly yanking at it to get it off? Should i properly give it some and not worry?

If it needs replacing it’s got to come off.
It will pull off, the clowns may have added silicone or something as they pushed it together...
There is a pipe in the wall from the valve to the arm, at the arm there should be a female iron - this should be fixed in place but I suspect yours may not be.
If it comes to it you may need to remove a couple of tiles and redo this end of the of the pipe. Why not extend it up a bit if you are tall - then you won’t bang your head!

So; few tiles off - excavate and extend pipe, terminating in a properly fixed female iron, make good and re-tile, screw in new shower arm.

Maybe a job for a tradesman if you’re not sure - quite a lot to go wrong...

Thanks mate, il get it off when im off work properly in a couple of weeks, and get a new arm and head, on that subject, could i purchase a new design? A different arm/head i mean? Are arms all the same sizes fitting onto pipes wise. Id sooner have a longer arm and a bigger shower head than the one i have, a newer design maybe?

Reply to Aqualisa varispray concealed arm/head replacement in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock