Search the forum,

Discuss Aqualisa shower cartridge change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a leaky Aqualisa Aquarian, about 10 yrs old. I can source the correct cartridge for this, but am not entirely sure about fitting it.
I know that the cartridge is a push fit over the two short copper tails showing through the tilework, and I should use some silicone grease when refitting the new. But I can find no control valves for the tails. I have a Megaflo system, so how do I turn off the water to the shower unit to allow the change? Mains cold tap, empty the Megaflo?

Have you traced the pipes, do they run in loft space and down? I would have thought that whoever fitted it would have used a service valve, even if only to make fitting more convenient. You fit the pipes before tiling and so would want to put the water system back on whilst you were tiling. You could make do with some stop ends but I am sure there will be service valves.

Pretty sure they go down rather than up. The shower is tile construction, including the floor (shower tray), sitting on a beam-and-block concrete first floor. The Megaflo is in an airing cupboard next to the bathroom, and I can't trace the pipework for the shower back to it easily. The floor coverings are timber and cork tile and I don't want to start pulling them up - that's why I'm thinking I'm going to need to turn off at the mains to do the job.

Just turn off the mains and drain off pressure at bath taps and bobs your uncle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aqualisa shower cartridge change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock