Search the forum,

Discuss Aqualisa concealed mixer shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have just moved into a bungalow and it has a Aqualisa mixer conceal shower in a tarnished brass colour when I turned it on I heard a pop noise and water was coming out from the back so I took the round inspection plate of to have a look behind it and I found a small white cap with a round part next to it with a rubber ring around it but it won’t go back on as there is no thread to tighten it up so when I turn on the shower water comes out of the back at the top and down the inside of the wall.can anybody help thanks Andy

A photo would be good but it is most likely to be the cartridge which can be replaced.
Hi thanks for your response in the last photo the small white fitting keeps coming off under water pressure but it is supposed to be fitted on the top outlet is this a PRD

Attachments

• 5115CC74-FF8F-4434-B070-D633F0BB432A.jpeg
    5115CC74-FF8F-4434-B070-D633F0BB432A.jpeg
    924.5 KB · Views: 17
  • CC03B6FB-0219-45CB-8F0E-23BF6E605075.jpeg
    CC03B6FB-0219-45CB-8F0E-23BF6E605075.jpeg
    926.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 3096475B-167E-4E9F-90F6-09FEADD03207.jpeg
    3096475B-167E-4E9F-90F6-09FEADD03207.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • 5CE3FCF7-7A92-4D4A-A352-CF7D91DC2D21.jpeg
    5CE3FCF7-7A92-4D4A-A352-CF7D91DC2D21.jpeg
    812.4 KB · Views: 18
Its not a PRD. The valves have the option for either top or bottom outlet and you switch the cap around to suit what you require. A little search online and I believe that is the aquavalve 430. If you email the pictures to aqualisa they will be able to advise on what parts required to repair your shower. You may require either a new cap and outlet kit or possibly a new body if it's damaged. What hot water system you on? Some of the older plastic aqualisa models were only suited to low pressure systems so if the system has been upgraded it may be whats caused the fault.

Hi Craig it is a combination boiler but it is two years old and the problem only happened this week. I have tried to put the cap back on but as soon as I turn the water back on it comes off.it hasn’t got a thread so I can’t Screw it back on.
I do appreciate any help thank you. I will email the photo tomorrow to Aqualisa

Hi Craig it is a combination boiler but it is two years old and the problem only happened this week. I have tried to put the cap back on but as soon as I turn the water back on it comes off.it hasn’t got a thread so I can’t Screw it back on.
I do appreciate any help thank you. I will email the photo tomorrow to Aqualisa
Is there no lugs in the cap or on the valve body? I would have thought it would be a push in and twist to lock. Also if your on a combi, is the shower hose and shower head free flowing and not blocked with scale? A backpressure build up caused by a restriction could have caused the cap to pop off.

Doubt it. So long as it was the same bore as the one you took off. It's probably just caused by age. Nothing lasts forever and I think those showers are from the early 90's so easily 20 years old.

To fit in the same hole, your looking at an aqualisa again. The aquavalve 609 and the colt both use the same body so pipe centres will be the same. I think the outlet on yours is 22mm though so I would still contact aqualisa to see if a new one will be a straight swap. You can get replacement bodies and cartridges for your shower so you can make it function as good as new, it's just the cost of the seperate parts will likely cost more than a new colt or 609.

Looks like the shower is in a stud wall, what's on the other side of the wall? If you could remove the plaster board, it would make changing the shower much easier.

Hi the shower is on a stud wall and the hallway is on the other side.I contacted Aqualisa today and they said that it is a old model a 605 the fitting on the top of the valve has snapped off and the thread was still on the body.I now know what has happened and you was right thank you very much for your help I’ve ordered a new cap/plug for £30 then I intend to change the whole lot eventually I will let you know when I get this part if it works thanks again
all the best Andy

Hi thanks for your great advice and help my shower is back up and running again it was the blanking plug when I changed the shower hose it was a slightly smaller bore I don’t know if was this that caused the pressure of the water to force the plug off its thread and snap or the fact it is a old shower thanks again Andy

Hi thanks for your great advice and help my shower is back up and running again it was the blanking plug when I changed the shower hose it was a slightly smaller bore I don’t know if was this that caused the pressure of the water to force the plug off its thread and snap or the fact it is a old shower thanks again Andy
Appreciate the feedback Andy, glad it's all sorted.

Reply to Aqualisa concealed mixer shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock