• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Approx price for tempering valve install for solar hotwater in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Just wanting advice on the average cost of installing a tempering valve on a solar hot water system located on the roof of single storey home. Ive been charged $445 inc gst, no extra parts needed and took plumber less than 30 minutes to install, it seems a bit steep
Any advice appreciated

Any advice appreciated
Always ask for a price before agreeing to have work done.

I've no idea what average prices are in Australia. In the UK your $445 would be £240. Guessing that the valve is £100 of that leaves £140, which is not cheap but not outrageous for a one-off small job. Not charging enough for small jobs is a good way of going out of business for a plumber.

Always ask for a price before agreeing to have work done.

I've no idea what average prices are in Australia. In the UK your $445 would be £240. Guessing that the valve is £100 of that leaves £140, which is not cheap but not outrageous for a one-off small job. Not charging enough for small jobs is a good way of going out of business for a plumber.
Thanks for the advice Chuck, yeah after cost of part which i believe to be around $150, $300 for under 30 minutes labour seems a bit much, i could be wrong and thats the going rate for that service? I gotta get into this plumbing cash cow

Reply to Approx price for tempering valve install for solar hotwater in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net