• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Approx price for tempering valve install for solar hotwater in the Australian Plumbing Advice Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jaymuss

Just wanting advice on the average cost of installing a tempering valve on a solar hot water system located on the roof of single storey home. Ive been charged $445 inc gst, no extra parts needed and took plumber less than 30 minutes to install, it seems a bit steep
Any advice appreciated

Chuck

Esteemed
Any advice appreciated
Always ask for a price before agreeing to have work done.

I've no idea what average prices are in Australia. In the UK your $445 would be £240. Guessing that the valve is £100 of that leaves £140, which is not cheap but not outrageous for a one-off small job. Not charging enough for small jobs is a good way of going out of business for a plumber.

Jaymuss

Always ask for a price before agreeing to have work done.

I've no idea what average prices are in Australia. In the UK your $445 would be £240. Guessing that the valve is £100 of that leaves £140, which is not cheap but not outrageous for a one-off small job. Not charging enough for small jobs is a good way of going out of business for a plumber.
Thanks for the advice Chuck, yeah after cost of part which i believe to be around $150, $300 for under 30 minutes labour seems a bit much, i could be wrong and thats the going rate for that service? I gotta get into this plumbing cash cow

Lou

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Hi

I have moved this to the Australian Forum :) Have you found out a price yet?

Jaymuss

Hi

I have moved this to the Australian Forum :) Have you found out a price yet?
Hi Lou
Yes mate im happy with the responses ive recieved. In the future, how do i put my posts on the Australian forum?
Cheers Lou

Reply to Approx price for tempering valve install for solar hotwater in the Australian Plumbing Advice Forum area at PlumbersForums.net