Search the forum,

Discuss Apprentice seeks Jedi Master ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GomezZz

Hi all , good day to you.

I studied at the (cough, cough) BTSC , yes thats right stop the jeering ! And am now looking to complete my level 2 NVQ . I've managed to get a few bits and pieces signed off and have until September to do the rest. This is the full list of requirements expected for the level 2 :

Install 2 complete bathrooms including hot and cold pipework in the bathroom.

Safely remove (decomission) a complete bathroom including hot and cold water.

Wear correct PPE including safety boots, overalls, knee pads, gloves, eye protection, ear defenders and dust mask.

Check that first aid box and a fire extinguisher are available, use a gas blow-torch safely and use safe manual handling technique.

Use step ladders, a ladder and temporary lighting (lead lamp).

Drill holes for fixings into a masonry wall, cut notches or drill holes through timber joists, drill holes through masonry walls or cut chases into masonry walls.

Repar or replace 3 of the following;
Taps, float valve, shower mixer, stop valve, gate valve, drain valve, radiator valve, WC siphon/drop valve or waste trap.

Rectify faults on 2 of the following;
Leaks, noise, corrosion, low pressure, loose pipework, loss of water in a trap or blockage.

Right so thats it , :)

So essentially I'm looking for someone who thinks they can help me get all this stuff signed off by September. I will work for free !!! I'm desperate to get my NVQ. Please contact me and I will send you my CV if need be.

Thanks for reading , hope to hear from some of you

Fabio :cool:

I am located in New Malden , Surrey . South West London. I have a clean drivers license and basic set of tools. Hand tools & Soldering gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
fabio

Although that I am a Jedi master, I am not a sat nav as well.

Whereabouts are you located?

A yes sorry GrahamGas, I knew there should have been more info included.

I am in New Malden , Surrey. It's just outside Kingston Upon Thames. South West London.

I do Have my own car and basic set of tools, i.e. hand tools and soldering gear.

Hope you're close by !!

thanks for the reply

Fabio
I do do alot of work in the guildford area.Not too far for you to come.At the moment most of my work is down on the coast. Dont know if that is too far for you to come.
What are you after?
I never went through the NVQ route, so dont know the process.
Is it a case of you coming to work with me, me taking pics of you doing the work, and then filling paperwork out?
Or does the assessor need to be there at the time?

Graham

Hello Graham,

Yes an assessor needs to be there. They come out on site for two hours , very unintrusively and basically take photos and ask a few questions. I've only managed to get one visit in so far but it is relatively painless. I would say that neither Portsmouth or Guilford are too far , obviously Guilford would definitely not be a problem but I'd have to speak to the training centre to see how far they travel but as far as I'm aware they currently do travel fair distances.

I noticed that you have Gas as part of your screen name. Are you Gas Safe registered as well ? That would be a bonus as I will also be getting that stuff signed of as well . And then after that if I pay a registration fee I can get my level 3 plumbing as well. It all sounds a lot but isn't at all. You only get a maximum of six visits to sign everything off but generally 4 - 5 is enough. And I don't think the gas is that hard either, just a case on working on various appliances , taking photos and filling out forms. The level 3 is even easier to get as I understand.

look forward to your reply

Fabio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apprentice seeks Jedi Master ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Y
Hi all, I am having a problem with 2 radiators in a house not working at all. I have taken the rads off the wall and opened up the valves via a hose pipe and there is water coming out all valves. The water is clear. When I put the radiators back on the wall, they are only briefly hot with...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
A
Hi All I am 24, living in westcliff on sea essex. I hold my technical certificate, unvented hot water, part p, and water regs training. I am highly motivated, practical, punctual and well presented. I have my own van and tools. I have been a plumbing apprentice for 3 years but only completed...
Replies
Views
arhplumbheat
A
T
I have a mains cold supply and a hot pumped supply that I want to use with a mixer tap in my upstairs family bathroom ( Quatra basin dual lever mixer ) The question I've got is, do I simply need a pressure reducing valve on the cold supply to bring it to the same pressure as the hot, or would...
Replies
Views
D
I'm back with yet another problem, Bloke has a boiler, been working fine until this cold snap, he has turned on the heating and now the pressure keeps dropping every couple of hours The hot water side was fine, until he switched to the heating on He has a Worscester 30CDi connected to a...
Replies
Views
Derrick229
D
J
Hi, The hot pressure from my bath/shower mixer has got very low to the point where it’s not strong enough to have a shower. The en-suite shower is fine, good pressure and the hot tap in the bathroom sink is also fine, it fills a cup with hot in about 3 seconds vs nearly 10 for the bath tap. See...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock