Search the forum,

Discuss Anyway to bung an automatic air vent? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hellodarren2000

I've noticed the automatic air vent on the top part of my boiler is leaking. Here's a photo: i.*********/Elb7Xqo.jpg

It's in a position that would be bugger to replace so I'd rather not have to deal with getting it sorted right now, and I was hoping there would be a cap on it to close the vent but it doesn't have one. Is it possible to buy a new cap and put it on or something just to close it so I have heating until I can get it sorted properly?

Its there for a reason, get it sorted with a gas safe engineer who can service your boiler at the same time. Lack of maintenance in part often indicates lack of maintenance in general.

Yes I know it's there for a reason. It's just a short-term stop-gap until I get the time to get it sorted.

It's a Caleffi with the cap missing. The black plastic cap is missing from the top. The whole AAV needs replacing because it is letting by.

The only problem is that as it's inside the boiler casing you shouldn't be doing anything to it without your gas ticket.

If it was on another part of the system it'd be no problem but as it's inside the casing then it's a no-no.

It would not be a particularly hard thing to replace, even in that tight spot given the right tools that any engineer would carry.

It's a Caleffi with the cap missing. The black plastic cap is missing from the top. The whole AAV needs replacing because it is letting by.

Cheers for the ident. Can these black caps be easily removed/attached? So I could order in an exact match and fit the cap until I sort out replacing the whole thing?

Just get the whole thing replaced mate it's an automatic air vent for a reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyway to bung an automatic air vent? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock