Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone using a kane Multimeter ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Tommo25

Gas Engineer
I’m looking for a decent multimeter and mainly been looking at the fluke 116. However I’ve just noticed that Kane do one also. Does anyone have any experience with them? It’s the Kane DM393C I’m interested in.

Stick with fluke Kane is just a re badged stock multi cheapo

I’m looking for a decent multimeter and mainly been looking at the fluke 116. However I’ve just noticed that Kane do one also. Does anyone have any experience with them? It’s the Kane DM393C I’m interested in.
I have always used a Fluke. Probably always will. Easy to use and not broke it yet.:p:p

I have both the Kane and the fluke 116. In my honest opinion they are both great for any gas engineer.

The Kane is cheaper and depending on your electrical knowledge and experience I would say that will do everything you need.

Last thing you want to be doing is second guessing your test equipment. You'll not go far wrong with Fluke, the basic ones are good.

If you spend a bit more some of the automotive ones come with extra leads and thermocouples etc for temperature measurement.

Is the fluke 116 the one to go for or is there any alternatives ?
I would say yes.
I've got the 116 and it's good for a Heating Engineers typical work. Well worth the money. I also have a Megger open jaw current meter and the two together cover most daily things for me in commercial and domestic.

Last edited:
Isn't the 116 just a more accurate 115?

The 114 is £70 cheaper and will do you for basic voltage/loop checks.

Edit - 114 doesn't have current measurement capacity. Not sure its one you'd need?

Reply to Anyone using a kane Multimeter ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock