Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone used an easy plumb shower kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

DuncanM

Gas Engineer
Hello,
Thanks for looking. Ordered one today for the first time. Usually use CLS and 18mm ply. Just wondering of others experience of using one and how sturdy are they?

Thanks, Dunc

there ok for what they are if you need something super sturdy then i always use as you say 3/4x2 and ply

Just thought I would give something new a try. Timber merchant local to me closed and job is in the middle of nowhere just thought it would cure any potential issues with the floor I have not seen. Would be day over if I need stuff or forget something when on site. I suppose I will see how it goes. Might be a convert.

Not a convert. Total rubbish. Wobbly and a nightmare to get level on a level floor. Threw it in the waste pile. 3x2 and 18mm down. Should have stuck with what I know is solid and does not move after you have the tray down. To be fair it was not much movement, but over time I feel it would cause leaks.

99 times out of 100 the tray goes on the floor.

If it needs to be raised I will use the riser kit and batten on the wall.

The only time I had a problem is when the customer supplied the tray and riser. The legs fastened to the tray with double sided rubber foam pads. Over time it settled and leaked.

Reply to Anyone used an easy plumb shower kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock