Search the forum,

Discuss anyone tried advertising with yell.com?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lloyd

Hi everyone,are there any plumbers on here who have tried advertising with yell.com. we keep getting asked by them to go on there together with the advert we already have in the famous yellow book.we would appreciate any comments as to how good or bad they are! we ask this because we have just had to kick thompson directory into touch as last years advert was a complete waste of space and very expensive! look forward to any comments,many thanks:)

HI
Yes i have advertised with yell.com(my tiling bussiness)(studying plumbing now)
and i think they are Rubbish to be honest im my experince other than word of mouth ive always had more success advertising in the local papers free ads etc,in 12 months ive had 4 calls from yell got 1 job worth £400 but that just my experince with them wont advertise again with them.

just signed up with yell.com ill let you know, cant be any worse than 118118 they are Rubbish
total rip off dont even think about advertising with them

just signed up with yell.com ill let you know, cant be any worse than 118118 they are Rubbish
total rip off dont even think about advertising with them
would really appreciate that,many thanks.we do well out of yellow pages,are u in there?

Oh shut up streets local - every pirate and their half breed dog tries to get you to advertise on their website!
'Garenteed customers - reasonable price' my bum!

ADVERTISE IN YOUR LOCAL PAPER.

Not on the web were the whole world can see you.

I get 15% of my work via the web but only 5% is from yell.com but saying that it has been worth it for me (around £2500 worth of work) Note this is not all plumbing as we offer tiling and part p electrical work

I get at least 1 guy phoning me every day from yell had nothing from it though had 10 times more from gumtree.

Yell.com have quite an active advertising sales team. Once i signed up for their free ad, they contact us at least once a month or more.

Currently, we are signed up with every free ad you can get on the internet plus we bought a domain name and webspace from godaddy website hosts. less than £50 for all.

Built a working website in less than an hour using their software. If i type in "plumber in {insert my towns name} " in to google, im always in the first 3 businesses that come up.

Yell.com didn't believe me until they typed my details in lol.

All im saying, is dont necessarily rely on these big companies to do your advertising, look in to how cheap and effective it is to do yourself.

p.s. the website has been running for 6 months now. only had 600 hits but we have more than covered the £50 initial outlay with work we have obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone tried advertising with yell.com?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock