• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Anyone recognise this thermostatic shower model? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

robinsmith30

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a thermostatic shower which now only runs very hot (too hot to use). I understand that this may be down to a failed cartridge?

I’m told that if I can find a replacement cartridge this will likely fix the issue and avoid having to replace the whole shower.

Can anyone recognise this from the photo, or give guidance as to what model it might be?

Also, would a good plumber be able to remove the existing cartridge, and if the problem source a new one using the removed one as reference?

Thank you in advance for this or any other advice.

Robin

Shower Control.jpg

Shower Unit.jpg

Tim S

Reaction score
Looks like an older style Bristan Regency/Trinity (the bulbous diverter valve is a giveaway)..now obsolete

OP
R

robinsmith30

Reaction score
Sorry CBW1982. I did not answer your question.
Is it still hot if you turn to full cold?

Yes, when the setting is set to fully cold it is very hot. In fact changing the temperature dial has no effect on the shower temperature. It is always too hot to shower whatever the setting.

Myfanwy

Reaction score
It looks like a Gainsborough shower. I have one and the thermostat is playing up too. I can’t get it to cold in the summer and in winter, it is barely hot enough. Any suggestions?

OP
R

robinsmith30

Reaction score
UPDATE - The part was Ultra SASF2-M Thermostatic Cartridge, was correct and a plumber fitted it this morning, showing me that the old cartridge/washers were very worn.

Ironically/unfortunately the water pressure was off during the day due to a water main burst (now repaired) and having just tested the shower, it runs fully hot whatever the setting on the replaced unit :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

The plumber will be coming back tomorrow to re-investigate. Any ideas on next steps welcome ;)

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Top Bottom