Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone need a retired plumber ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Derrick229

I'm a retired plumber in West London

I have 26 years working at LHR various jobs, fresh water mains, firemains, foul pits, confined spaces, BA work, working at height, showers, tanks, jetting, anything you see in a terminal or dont see, most of its behind the scenes (basicly the same as you get in a house, apart from a urinal, no bath either)

I used to look after all the houses that BAA had, before they went out for contract

I ran T2 before they knocked the bugger down

I need (well not really need) a bit of work to keep myy hand in, you name it, if its wet, dirty smelly, I used to have a gas safe certificate, but that dies when I left the company, doesnt mean I cant do it though, just cant sign anything

Well if anyone wantsa a plumber with 40 odd years expeirence to do any jobs or work, give me a PM with your phone number and address, I'm sure we can work something out

If you are still looking for something, could you get to the postcode CR7? Can you also: solder and cut pipes, replace radiator valves, have a sound understanding of system pipework, able to mix up sand and cement and make good afterwards? If you can do these things, there is a job going for £65 per day. If interested call, 07952 008 162 or email [email protected]. Best wishes.

a monkey could do that, can you not read ? he's been doing it 40 yr

Yes I did read that he had done it for 40 years but I just wanted to state that it was not a challenging job, but very basic, perhaps too basic for someone with his experience.

Right Thornton Heath area CR7 20 odd miles away, probably bout 40 minutes away from me, dependant on traffic and times (start and finish)

Doing what and for how long ? :confused:

A bit more info would be good, like type of work, hours, who else is on site ?;)

I can even chew gum and walk and talk :)

I have all my own tools, solder, flux, cutters, blow torch, pipe bender, just tools most plumbers have, maybe a few more, I bring along what I need, even got a tool box of spare fittings :)

a monkey could do that, can you not read ? he's been doing it 40 yr

Oi,Mickie I use VEET to get rid of all that unwanted hair, you are the only bugger that has noticed, now my secret is out, no point in paying you off now, is there ?:D:D:D:D:D

(but having feet as good as hands comes in handy):p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did read that he had done it for 40 years but I just wanted to state that it was not a challenging job, but very basic, perhaps too basic for someone with his experience.

Nothing is basic, I refer you to Murphy's law....................What can goi wrong, WILL :eek:

Hi Derrick, thanks for getting back. The jobs could be anywhere, last week the job was in Enfield, tomorrow its in Harrow. The postcode CR7 is where I am living, that's all. It is boiler installations and I need someone to do the plumbing. It is a full-time job but not sure how long for. At the moment, the work involved is very low paid as there is a middle man (agency) so unfortuantely I cannot justifying paying more than £65 per day, although I am hoping, come the Winter, things will change and I would be able to pay more. The other staff is very small but there tends to always be a labourer. You may find that if you could get to CR7, you could jump in my van and that way no parking or congestion charges to pay, but that is something for you to decide. Could you let me have a mobile number/landline number and I will phone you tomorrow evening, if you are still intersted. Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone need a retired plumber ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock