Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone heard of NUS ltd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO NOT PAY THESE SCAMMERS A PENNY!!!!!
We fell for it hook line and sinker, unfortunately before any forums for this company were in place. We were promised work in the electrical and plumbing & heating field. Nothing!!
We have paid £2k for nothing. An advertisment in our local paper would have drummed up more business.
Strange and almost funny thing (if I could laugh after loosing 2 grand) they sent us another email about 3 weeks ago, the standard email I think quite a few people have received on here saying they have work for our area. I dont think they realised we had already paid them,. When I responded saying yes sending me the names and addresses of all these properties that need work doing I got no reply from them (suprise suprise).
Its hard enough trying to keep afloat in this day and age without having these scammers taking your hard earned cash.
My hubby has fell for a few scams since setting up the business eager to make it work. The lesson I have learnt is if they call you dont bother with them. If you want work/advertising look your self.
* and i do think the imput from the bathroom guy on here is working for NUS. Just my opinion!

And here's another one doing the rounds....

My name is Fran Hart and I am a Contract Liaison Consultant for MTM Group UK, we are leading the way in Multitrade Maintenance contracts throughout the UK. I have been tasked with securing a contractor, company or individual for the Romford area.
We are looking for a company who can effectively be responsible for the ongoing maintenance over the next 30 months of domestic rental properties and refurbishments.
I have been speaking to companies for the last few days now with a view to confirming suitability for the work within the Contract. Would this be something that you may be able to accommodate. All the contract details that you would require are detailed below, also I have attached a hyper link to our website to allow you to see what we do as a company if you have any further questions or queries please don’t hesitate to contact myself directly on the details below or a member of our highly trained team who will be able to deal with your enquiry quickly and efficiently.

Many Thanks
Fran Hart

www.mtm-group.co.uk

Here was my reply to them.

Unfortunately having done the simplest checks on MTM, via both whois and companies house so far you have not filed any company accounts since incorporation, you have various addresses listed and your website has no web presence and your initial email has too much waffle in it for an introduction, As for your testimonials, there not exactly the best are they? C2C have been disolved and restarted, james handyman services could be anyone in the country called james so all in all it looks like and smells like a scam….

I'm still waiting for a reply........

Finally if you Google the address listed on their website you will find the only people trading at the property will be either local government type organisations or mental health / mediation groups..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Ho look they are base'd in Scotland to ! why is that ? Is there some loophole in Scotish law that lets them run these Scam's ?? No mention of an up-front payment in there email, wounder if it's the same amount as NUS, may just email them to see what they come up with.

I posted on another forum regarding NUS on here a year ago and there seems to be so many people that have fell foul to these Nasty (to put it nicely!) people. I think we need to get together and contact Trading Standards as a group of businesses.
I have dug out some old paperwork and found emails from another company that tried to con us out of £1495 - Worldwide Marketing Solutions. My husband agreed to a 30 day trial, we phoned them to say it wasnt working for us and they continued to charge us. Luckly there were no funds in the account so they couldnt take the money. They just billed us for £1495, threatening court action. They couldnt provide any evidence we had agreed to continue marketing with them and when I asked for a copy of the call they kept referring to they told me if i paid £495b to settle they would send me the call! Thankfully I stood by my guns even though they were threatening court action. Just kept saying see you in court then. They soon went away!
It makes me so mad there are so many companies out there making false promises and its the innocent hard working folk that are losing out!

download

CONTRACT DECISION DATE: MONDAY 2[SUP]ND[/SUP] JULY 2012
Hi my name is James Steven from MTM Group UK, I have been speaking to companies within the area over the last 10 days or so with reference to the maintenance contract, there has been previous information sent out. We will be implementing a company on Monday the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] of July 2012. If you would like to be considered for the contract or would like some further information if you give me a call or fill in the online contractor application form, myself or a member of my team will get back to you shortly.
A draft contract and references will be supplied to all interested parties that meet the contractual criteria requirements.
Many Thanks
James

Maintenance Contract Details
The portfolios of properties are provided by a number of our clients and they cover the area in and around North West London. We do not wish to have in place a company who resides out with this area as this would lead to delays in reaching jobs, excessive traveling and costs and of course commitment levels will wane as the Contract could take the company away from their existing customer base.
The following areas are part of the requirements to be covered: HA and surrounding

There may be opportunities out with these locations for further works and this can be considered at a later date. If a company can cover further afield then we would look at this after the initial Contract has been allocated.

We currently have just over 480 properties located within the North West London area although we do have the scope to increase this beyond the 750 mark. These range from Domestic rentals, Student accommodation lets and Void properties (provided by Banking Clients and Insurance Companies) we are looking for a company that is in a position to expand and grow and we would hope to provide further properties to that company throughout the Contract. Inevitably there may be no further room within your business and we would then look to take on a further company within the area to accommodate the extra workload.
Client Requirements
We have been asked, as part of our Contractual agreements to fulfill all maintenance requirements on our client’s properties.
Ultimately we require providing trades to cover anything from planned maintenance, emergency repairs, periodic inspections, refurbishments etc.
The range of specific duties within these provided services will include:
Plumbing Works
Gas Services
Electrical
Plastering/Rendering
Joinery
Installations
Building Works
General Domestic Maintenance

This is not a complete list and the Contract will include various other works, although not all works are mandatory for all companies installed.

MTM Group Requirements
We are specifically looking for a company covering the local area and beyond, who can be relied upon to provide these ongoing services. For the next 30 months we would be looking to install a responsible maintenance company who can provide very high customer services, and can ultimately build strong relationships with our Clients.
Not every company we speak with will be suitable and provisions can be made to accommodate companies who may be able to provide part of the requirements. We understand the volume of works may be too much for some and this can result in the area and portfolio being cut down to fit in with your individual capabilities. We would much rather each and every trade requirement is covered to the highest standard and if this results in more than one company being put in place and this is in the best interests of the Client, then we will have individual trades rather than an all in one.
Payment Terms
We believe payments should be made correctly and on time. This is paramount to the continued relationship that will be built between all parties.
We pay our Contractors strictly within 30 days. This is paid directly to the Contractor by BACS.
Contract Payment Deposit
There is a financial element to the Contract, which is applicable to the awarded contractor (and only the awarded contractor).
This allows us to have genuine commitment from our Contractor and ongoing, we have a solid base for all parties.
Our clients only wish to work with affiliated companies and we are able to effectively weed out the good and the bad from the process early on and for the Contractors they benefit from having the security of work and commitment from ourselves to fully assist throughout the Contract.
Most companies will look at the Contract as an opportunity to expand and grow their business, giving consistent work and variety in their daily diary. By having a financial commitment our Clients are ensuring Contractors turn up when they are supposed to and complete the works to the Standards required.
Example-
An example of how this is applied in other ways would be as a deposit on a rental property for instance. This is completely necessary to ensure provisions are taken place to look after the property throughout the rental agreement and both sides are protected should the other default on their responsibilities. This is something that is becoming more and more popular within the industry and over the coming months will be implemented by other national organisations to safeguard their investments.
Currently companies like B&Q and also Homebase have contractor payments in place for engineers fitting their kitchens and bathrooms supplied to customers purchasing them from their stores. The reason for this is simple “commitment”, they, like us have a reputation and a standard to adhere to, and this must be met by all parties involved to allow total competence in everything we do. I’m sure you will be able to appreciate this and also the reasoning behind it.
We also have safeguards in place and along with the guarantees within the Contract for the work; the Payment is also refunded should there be issues arising from services provided.
If you feel that you are the right company or engineer for this contract and can deliver the service requirements for our National Clients and would like to find out more regarding the Contract opportunity then please either call direct on 01294 274802 or fill in our Vendors form by clicking the link:
http://mtm-group.co.uk/form.html and a member of the contracts team will be in touch with you ASAP.

download

James Steven
MTM Group Ltd
Contracts Consultant
Direct : 01294 274802
E Mail: [email protected]
Web: www.mtm-group.co.uk

Company Address:

Sovereign House
Academy Road
Irvine
KA12 8RL

Please think of the environment and only print the contents of this e-mail if you really need to.

MTMG issues this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail are confidential and will have no contractual effect unless it is otherwise agreed between MTMG and the recipient.

If you are not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the originator immediately by return message and destroy the original message. This message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the MTMG network. However, MTMG does not guarantee the security of this message and will not be responsible for any damages arising as a result of any virus being passed on or arising from any alteration of this message by a third party. MTMG may monitor emails sent to and from MTMG network.

2 Attached files| 38KB

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

These threads rumble on but lets have it right, who the hell pays someone they've never had face to face contact with over 2 grand?! Come on. Common sense needs to play a part in decision making like this surely?!

Please take a look at the other NUS thread. Someone got their money back using their credit card protection.

dont give NUS any money or sign up i paid 2 grand for a contract 800 propeties over 2years im 14 months in only had 3 crappy jobs im fighting to get my money back with no joy

Contract Reference: NUS-NN-GAS
Postcode Area of Coverage: “NN” Postal Code
Duration: 24 Months
Start Date: Friday the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] of February
Minimum Requirements: Fully Gas Safe registered with a minimum of £1 million Public Liability

Who We Are:

NUS Ltd are the UK’s leading Property Management Company who offer a range of property maintenance services to a host of Clients all over the UK.

We have become one of the UK’s fastest expanding Companies that are able to cover all aspects of Gas, Electrical, General Maintenance and legal property services to our Clients on a national basis and strive to continue with our Company growth as the property sector and legal requirements change on a daily basis.

With our national network of Engineers & Companies in place, providing all aspects of mandatory property services, NUS Ltd have secured some of the U.K’s most creditable contracts within both the property management sector and also with a host of Insurance Companies & Banking Groups within the UK.

Our unique all in one service gives our Clients the peace of mind that all of their maintenance needs are being covered under the one roof, which in return reduces the hassle they face in this current climate having to source 4 or 5 individual Companies to carry our different types of work.

What We Do:

NUS Ltd offer full gas and electrical services as well as a full maintenance package to a host of Clients within the UK.

Our unique all in one service means that we look after all of their mandatory gas and electrical requirements within their property portfolios and our full maintenance package covers a host of services ranging from painting and decorating right through to full kitchen & bathroom installations.

Each Client we deal with are contracted in to use the services of NUS Ltd and will only use the tradesman we select for each individual contract within a specific area.

We are currently looking for a gas engineer/ company to be able to look after 400 properties within the “NN” and surrounding Postal Code area, covering landlord safety certificates, servicing on boilers and there will also be the need to cover all breakdowns, repairs, installation and remedial as part of the agreement.

Around 40% of this specific contract will be covering the void/repossession work that we manage for the banking groups and insurance firms that we deal with and within these properties, the chosen company will be required to cover drain downs, decommissioning of the boilers as well as any remedial work that will be required on an individual basis.

Within the repossessed houses, some of the properties will be handed over to the lettings market for rental purpose and will require you to revisit once a tenant has been found to refill the systems, turn both the gas and water supplies back on as well as carrying out a full Landlords Gas Safety Certificate and service of the boiler before anyone can move back into the property.

The Contract will be based on a 24 Month Period and there will be an audit done every 3 months on 3.5% of the work. This is something that our clients have requested that we are required to do as part of the agreement we have in place. As you will probably imagine, this in turn also makes sure all service levels are being met and ensures all relevant feedback is being given to all parties involved.

We will only be implementing one company or engineer to cover this contract and they will get the exclusive rights within the area to cover this contract.

We are looking for a company that is looking to expand over the next few years, who are able to fit our required workload in and around their current diaries and who are also able to deliver a high level of customer service and complete the work to the highest standards.

There will be a full time Client Manager allocated to manage the contracts full duration. He or she will be responsible for the allocation of work, also dealing with all our clients requirements and making sure the selected company has a consistent level of work that is manageable to their Company, meaning they are always busy and have a consistent flow of workout throughout the contract. [/QUOTE]

im afraid ive tried NUS paid the 2 grand had 3 jobs in 14 months i was promised 400 properties a year or my money back still fighting for my money so stay away from NUS

stay away from NUS ive tried itcost me 2grand for 3 jobs in 14 month still fighting for my money back better off buying some magic beans instead

stay away from NUS ive tried itcost me 2grand for 3 jobs in 14 month still fighting for my money back better off buying some magic beans instead

Hopefully you'll have a written contract, even an email confirming what the contract entails will be accepted as a binding contract. Visit the companies house website, pay them the small fee for the NUS Ltd directors personal details including those directors who have resigned from NUS Ltd. Write to these directors and give them 7 days notice to return your money, if they dont return your money serve them all a county court summons on the 8th day. Worse case scenario is that it's going to cost you a bit of time and around £80-£100.... If you do nothing other than to complain on this forum nothing will change with these people and they will carry on regardless. Although you may be a bit peeved off at the moment you need to treat them the same way as a customer who has knocked you for £3k for doing a boiler installation. I have already left a link somewhere on this thread where you can report dodgy Ltd companies to companies house. Companies House can and do close the bank accounts including keeping the directors away from accessing any funds held in the accounts.
Telling people on the forum is great, but nothing will happen, going through the right channels will, you may not get back your money, but if you and all the others who have been caught up in this scam do, sooner or later alarm bells start ringing...

im a member of the FSB they adviced me to take them to a small claims court i will try companies house cheers

Good, only other thing I'd say, is before you start court proceedings is to make sure you have written evidence i.e. photo copies of letters / emails you have sent to NUS Ltd to try and resolve the issue. Always works in your favour at the county court..

had the same e-mail from them a while ago, was VERY tempted to sign up, but luckily my wife has access to a good credit rating site (she is an accounts manager for a multi million turnover company). As has been said in previous posts, company recently set up.. no accounts filed..plenty of CCJ's against M.D's former company.

STAY WELL CLEAR

Also have just started getting text messages claiming similar wonder solutions, you can contact Freddie on 02076266065 iof you feel like being stitched up (my words not his ;-))

I have info about this company but it won't let me post it?

Says something about using forbidden url's or words? :dizzy2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email from one stop maintenance uk, offering all the same stuff, lee kelsal was there reference and i have found him to be linked with nus ltd, coincidence or wot lol? Im angry with myself for being taken in, i would not have given them any money without researching and im glad i did. they talk a good game ill give them that i waiting for my conference call that everyone is getting and im going to play them like a goodun. thanks for all the warnings

Just bumping this, they're still at it - surely time for the Police to get involved?

email received from them today:

Good Morning,

Repair Co require a domestically qualified Heating & Plumbing Engineer to maintain an ongoing contract for a minimum of 380 domestic rental properties within the B Postcode Area.

The chosen Engineer/Contractor will be required to look after a daily emergency call out service as well as taking care of the annual landlord gas safety certificates and servicing for each property.

We would prefer if all repairs and breakdowns are covered by the chosen Contractor, as well as any resulting installations after the original breakdown.

About Us:

Repair Co are a property maintenance supplier servicing and maintaining a large number of Clients within the UK. We currently look after well over 5,000 properties ranging from 1 bedroom flat’s to full blocks of flats.

We are delighted to be able to offer full property management and maintenance under the one roof and are able to cover every job required on both domestic and commercial properties. Regardless of the size of job, Repair Co can comfortably look after your needs no matter if it’s simply fixing a leaking tap or planning and installing a full new extension.

At present, we do not employ any Engineers directly. Our business is focused on solely working with the best local Contractors on a sub contract basis to ensure that we get the best of both worlds - full national coverage with the luxury of selecting from a bank of quality tradesman after a thorough vetting and selection process.

What can we offer you?

•Guaranteed contract work within the B Postcode Area, for a minimum of 12 months with the option to extend.

•Each rental property is legally required to have an annual Landlord Gas Safety Certificate carried out.

•Set prices for specific general works, i.e. CP12 & Boiler Service, daytime call outs will be negotiated and guaranteed before the start of the contract.

•28 days’ notice will always be given for planned maintenance work.

•Only 1 company/contractor will be chosen. No competing for work.

•Payments will be made within 14 days from the date the invoices are received.

You must be:

•Able to cover the B Postcode Area.

•Gas Safe registered.

•Hold a minimum £1 million Public Liability Insurance (Can be set up).

•Have a good understanding of the industry and previous experience in this type of work is essential.

•Confident that you are able to offer the contract the attention and commitment it requires. You must have space in your diary.

To Recap:

1. Repair Co legally guarantees that the selected contractor will be provided with a minimum of 380 compliant properties within the B Postcode Area.

2. The chosen Contractor will have the luxury to book their own diary and the contract is designed to work around their availability.

3. You will be required to look after the Landlord’s Gas Safety Check along with any general call out’s and breakdowns.

4. Set prices will be agreed before the contract begins.

5. You will be paid within 14 days of the invoice being received.

What to do next:

If you feel the contract could be of interest to you, I am available to discuss in more depth and would be keen to find out more about your business.

Additionally, if you would like to declare a formal interest and feel that your company fits the criteria mentioned above feel free to contact using the details below.

I look forward to speaking with you

Kind Regards

Jamie Robertson
Repair Co UK

07760 924 627
0141 387 7215
[email protected]
Home | Repair Company UK

Not the police.......

This filth keep claiming and charging VAT.

That's the people to inform......

Go for it.

I've had a couple of those over the last six months too, each with identical text and different company names.

If it seems too good...

We had the "Emergency Services diary and calendar 2017 charity promotional team" call a while ago.
I got the whole story about how they will put our business into diaries that will be given away to all the emergency services across the UK and Ireland.I let him waffle on.
When he got to the bit about having my bank details so as to reserve my place in next years diary I confirmed the name of his company and mentioned that I had just Googled them whilst he was talking.
I asked if they were they same bunch of thieves who stole money from businesses and that there was never going to be any diary or calendar and I would be adding their name to the scammers register..............
After a pause he told me I was a smartarse **** and I should **** off.

They've been quiet for a couple of years......... this was posted on another site, just passing it on.

The only people who get a diary/ calendar printed are the poor mugs who pay for the adverts.

After Googling the scum, I found they have a habit, that they tend to hang on to your card details and bill you for the next years as well.

This is a previous incarnation.... Liverpool publishing firm at centre of ?scam? advertising probe - Liverpool Echo

Avoid like a large heap of fresh dog- toffee.

Please Please Please report these rogue companies to Action Fraud: Action Fraud

They are trying to clamp down on these outfits but cant do so unless people report them!

I had someone call me about advertising in a magazine on several occasions. One was genuine, though the circulation was South Yorkshire (I'm in North Yorkshire) so I'm hardly going to go to Sheffield to fix a boiler. Another hung up when I asked them to send some sample magazines to me. Another was for a calendar which had a circulation in the London area! I do on occasion do stuff for Homeserve and I try to avoid their jobs unless I am quiet as it's hassle enough doing for a legitimate company as it is.

The tw@ts are still at it!!

Good Morning,

Repair Co require a domestically qualified Heating & Plumbing Engineer to maintain an ongoing contract for a minimum of 380 domestic rental properties within the S Postcode Area.

The chosen Engineer/Contractor will be required to look after a daily emergency call out service as well as taking care of the annual landlord gas safety certificates and servicing for each property.

We would prefer if all repairs and breakdowns are covered by the chosen Contractor, as well as any resulting installations after the original breakdown.

About Us:

Repair Co are a property maintenance supplier servicing and maintaining a large number of Clients within the UK. We currently look after well over 5,000 properties ranging from 1 bedroom flat’s to full blocks of flats.

We are delighted to be able to offer full property management and maintenance under the one roof and are able to cover every job required on both domestic and commercial properties. Regardless of the size of job, Repair Co can comfortably look after your needs no matter if it’s simply fixing a leaking tap or planning and installing a full new extension.

At present, we do not employ any Engineers directly. Our business is focused on solely working with the best local Contractors on a sub contract basis to ensure that we get the best of both worlds - full national coverage with the luxury of selecting from a bank of quality tradesman after a thorough vetting and selection process.

What can we offer you?

•Guaranteed contract work within the S Postcode Area, for a minimum of 12 months with the option to extend.

•Each rental property is legally required to have an annual Landlord Gas Safety Certificate carried out.

•Set prices for specific general works, i.e. CP12 & Boiler Service, daytime call outs will be negotiated and guaranteed before the start of the contract.

•28 days’ notice will always be given for planned maintenance work.

•Only 1 company/contractor will be chosen. No competing for work.

•Payments will be made within 14 days from the date the invoices are received.

You must be:

•Able to cover the S Postcode Area.

•Gas Safe registered.

•Hold a minimum £1 million Public Liability Insurance (Can be set up).

•Have a good understanding of the industry and previous experience in this type of work is essential.

•Confident that you are able to offer the contract the attention and commitment it requires. You must have space in your diary.

To Recap:

1. Repair Co legally guarantees that the selected contractor will be provided with a minimum of 380 compliant properties within the S Postcode Area.

2. The chosen Contractor will have the luxury to book their own diary and the contract is designed to work around their availability.

3. You will be required to look after the Landlord’s Gas Safety Check along with any general call out’s and breakdowns.

4. Set prices will be agreed before the contract begins.

5. You will be paid within 14 days of the invoice being received.

What to do next:

If you feel the contract could be of interest to you, I am available to discuss in more depth and would be keen to find out more about your business.

Additionally, if you would like to declare a formal interest and feel that your company fits the criteria mentioned above feel free to contact using the details below.

I look forward to speaking with you

Kind Regards

Jamie Robertson
Repair Co UK

07760 924 627
0141 387 7215
[email protected]
Home | Repair Company UK

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Copyright © 2015 Repair Co All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
[email protected]

Want to change how you receive these emails?

You tried the same as me!

Even iffier than their usual bull.........

It simply seems that scottish people are superior and landing national uk wide contracts [emoji12]

Or hooking 180lb plumbers on very flimsy lines

I know most people are saying use companies house Trading standards etc, but maybe Gas Safe register, could do an article in the Gas Engineer or ensure their members are notified about these scams.

Or Matt Allright could get of his high horse and stop knocking our trade and do something to highlight it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone heard of NUS ltd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock